BSOD on Boot Up, Again and Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

maddog8

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

My computer keeps crashing on a fresh boot up (so far not on restart or during use), but it only happens ever few days or about once a week. I can't safe mode, repair the os, nor boot from cd. Every time I have to wipe the hard drive and install XP. But it still happens.

Computer:
Dell XPS Gen 2; 4 years old heavy use
Pentium 4 3.2ghz
120gb sata hd
2 gig ram kingston 400
XP service pack 2 installed from original cd
video card ati radeon 9800 pro 128

Software is pretty basic, and all stuff i've used for years. Stripped it down to the basic stuff like firefox 3, kaspersky, etc. but still happens.

Ran Memtest: 9 passes, zero errors.
Dell diagnostic cd says hard drive and memory both good.

Error codes: Stop 0x0000007E (0xC0000005; 0x80567B0D; 0xf789E0A0; 0xF789DD9C)

No minidumps available because I have to wipe hard drive to get XP installed again.

Please help before I go mad reinstalling.

Hey maddog8

Are you saying that after your re-install XP, it works okay for a while and then the BSOD occurs and you can't restart after that?

Spyder_1386 :)

Yes, I'll be up and running fine for a few days to about a week (normally a week) and then I wake up one morning, push the power button and BSOD. And all I can do to get it running is wipe the hd and reinstall xp.

So obviously if there's a broken/bad hardware part, it's only half-broken or damaged, if that's even possible....

It is most likly to be your ram next time you get the bsod do not reofrmat remove one stick of ram and see if it works if not put it back then remove the other stick and try again.

I may have figured out my problem. I think it may be the electrical wiring in my new apartment. When I turn on the microwave, the kitchen light dims. Problem started a few weeks after I moved in. Only happens when I boot up, which you can hear my computer drawing a lot of power. Apartment only has like 2 or 3 circuits, so everything is linked. I'm gonna try turning all other appliances/lights off when i boot up for a while and see if that works....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back