Bsod on boot vista 64bit

bg2095

Hello all, I have put some time into this one so any help would be great.

This computer has bsod on boot since I have got it, came to me with virus galore, removed all viruses and bsod happens on boot constantly, checked the minidumps and iastor.sys and ntoskrnl.exe is crashing on every dump, updated drivers, no help, decided to just back up files and factory restore, = ( no help, bsod with same errors in the minidump, checked ram, came out ok, no hardware problems I can see, next step is to replace the hard drive inless u guys can help. minidumps below

Dell Xps m1530

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    65 KB · Views: 0
Do the following (you could also still be infected):

1. Start > Run > type in EventVwr.msc > Okay Do you find any Yellow Triangles or Red Xs? If so, not what they flag.

2. Have you attempted a Windows Repair?

can not get into safe mode, to look at the eventvwr due to bsod, if i launch startup repair, takes me to a screen that just says other user, I have to boot it up off mini win xp off hierens boot cd, redoing virus scans

Please keep us updated on the virus scans. Question: Do you have a second system that you could slave your harddrive to it in case we need to do harddrive diagnostics?

yes I do, and i did run a harddrive check and got a lot of bad sectors, i mean alot, even the dell dianostics came back a read error

Okay, then back up everything you can NOW. You have a defective harddrive and once it crashes the data will be very expensive to recover. I would slave said drive into your other system to access vital information and transfer it to a flash drive and/or CDs-DVDs.

Back