TechSpot

Bsod on bootup

By nonreflexabilit
Sep 25, 2008
  1. The boot up gets as far as the windows logo with that bar underneath, then BSOD.
    XP was working fine, I updated to service pack 3 today. UXtheme was removed. To replace i went to

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/OS-Enhancements/SP3-UxTheme-Patcher.shtml

It gave the message that it was a patcher for sp2/sp3, if not it would mess up my system. I checked properties on my computer and it stated that it was now Service Pack 3. It required restart for changes, i initiated and now it BSODs where I mentioned above. I obviously must have f***ed up but i dont know where.
    Message reads.

STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}
    The WIndows Logon PRocess system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0x0000005 (0x00000000 0x00000000).
    The system has been shut down.

STOP message sticky supplied little info for this particular status. What can i do short of re-installing os?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.