BSOD on new build, shoulda bought a dell

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had an issue during driver installation (vga) because I did not have the .net framework installed, so i used driver cleaner pro and reinstalled latest catalyst after installing .net 1,2, and 3... I'm not sure if I should have all three but windows update kept insisting that I needed them all. I might be having video problems but they might be being caused by some other conflict (i.e. hangs while switching between windowed and full screen on online game, "flickers in and out" while booting).

I ran the WinDBG and perused the log and it said the likely culprit is ntkrpamp.exe.... but it seems that file exists in the symbols library which I created after the crash.

Anyway, please check it out and let me know before I send my hardware back to Mwave in itty bitty little pieces.

P.S. I'm at least intermediate in my knowledge, though not immune to beginner screw ups... it is less probable.

* I plan on running memtest and 3dmark in the morning, see if I can "force" a crash with 3dmark to rule out vga

.net frameworks has nothing to do with your driver.

You should uninstall the graphic driver first.
Install it next, then update your directX.

I had thought it a little funny, but catalyst drivers said the operation couldn't be completed because I needed at least .net 2, I installed the full catalyst control center that may be why.

I did do the full uninstall of everything ATI, then cleaned up with Driver Cleaner and reinstalled, hasn't helped. I have DX 9.0c on windows xppro.

*upon a little investigation, the latest CCC is written in .net framework
http://blogs.msdn.com/junfeng/archive/2004/09/19/231628.aspx

I may just remove CCC altogether and just install the base driver, but I'd like to see if any of the hex-head code junkies can pull anything out of my memory dump. Plus, I'm not sure that that would fix my problem.

yea, I had to get those frameworks to even complete the install. That is done, just have to figure out these errors. I didn't get V1.0 because windows update did not offer it... they gave me 1.1, 2.0 and 3.0 though.

memtest found some errors but it looks like the folks at Mwave who assembled and tested the board set the latencies a little low, I went in and set them to AUTO and will memtest again soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back