BSOD on new laptop. (0x000000c2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wawaka

Hi.

Okay.. so this is a new laptop (Compaq Presario C767) that I just bought 2 weeks before.. and now I'm getting these BSODs already. :(

- Windows XP Pro SP2
- Intel Dual Core 1.6Ghz
- 120GB HDD
- 2GB RAM (2x1GB)

Windows XP Pro came with the laptop but I'm the one who installed the drivers.

These BSODs just show randomly.. Here are the ones that I got a chance to write..

1. BAD_POOL_CALLER - "Stop 0x000000C2"
2. DRIVER_POOL_"something" - STOP 0x000000c5(0x6ee7bcfa, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x8054afd2)
3. NON_PAGED_"something"

I researched and I 'guess' the culprit is one of my drivers, I'm just not sure.. Because the only other cause that I saw from my research is the RAM, and I already changed the RAM once hoping to see the error go away but after a few days it's back.

Actually I've first seen the NONPAGED and the DRIVERPOOL BSOD's and I removed the Synaptics driver (because it was unsigned) and after like 3 or 4 days I got a new one (BADPOOLCALLER)..

I attached the dmp files, I hope you can help me fix this.

UPDATE

Just an update.. this BSOD (BAD_POOL_CALLER) has happened 3 times now.. Twice yesterday and the third one just now..

Now what's puzzling me is on those 3 sessions, I was using Adobe Photoshop CS3 when the BSOD showed up.

Because I've been using the laptop whole day this day and when I opened Adobe Photoshop CS3 and used it for like 10 minutes then BSOD came up.

dmp attached on Post #7

Minidump 041808-01:

BugCheck 100000C5, {6ee7bcfa, 2, 1, 8054afd2}
Probably caused by : klif.sys ( klif+12d00 )
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Minidump 041908-01:

BugCheck C2, {7, cd4, 2060001, 8974c8d8}
Probably caused by : vsdatant.sys ( vsdatant+450c1 )
Minidump 042208-01:

BugCheck C2, {7, cd4, 2060001, 899f54e0}

Minidump 042208-02:

BugCheck 10000050, {bad0b148, 0, 805ba255, 2}
Probably caused by : ntkrpamp.exe ( nt!ObpRemoveObjectRoutine+cb )

Klif.sys belongs to Kaspersky and I believe vsdatant.sys belongs to ZoneAlarm. Perhaps there is some form of conflict? Try testing your RAM (the off chance of defective DIMM slots) with Memtest86 and test your HDD with one of the utilities here. If they're okay uninstall both of those applications and see if you still get the blue screens.

Hi thanks for replying mate.

I've seen some other threads with the same BSOD and they also have Zonealarm and Kaspersky both installed.

hxxp://forum.kaspersky.c0m/lofiversion/index.php/t31289.html
hxxp://techspot.c0m/vb/topic103688.html

Code:
To be able to post links or images your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 1 posts.

But I've been using that combination (ZoneAlarm Pro and Kaspersky Pro) on my Desktop ever since and not with a single BSOD.
Altough Kaspersky says on their page that it is not compatible with ZA Pro..

Do you think they're the ones causing the problems? I already shut down ZoneAlarm Pro and I hope I'll not get that BSOD again.

I'll try MemTest later, prolly when I'm not using the computer because I assume it takes a while to finish the tests? This is actually a new laptop so I hope and guess it's not hardware issues. :( Although the other RAM is not the one that came with the laptop, we just upgraded the RAM so it's the only hardware that didn't come with the laptop. I'll run the MemTest on that RAM later.. It's the second RAM they actually gave us, we already asked for a replacement for that 'upgrade' RAM because I also received a BSOD when using the first 'upgrade' RAM they gave us.

Thanks again.

I honestly don't know what the exact issue is. :) I'm not that great at reading dumps. The best I can see is that both applications are involved to some extent and I know firewall as well as anti-virus software are commonly the culprits behind blue screens.

Yeah, let Memtest86 run overnight while you sleep or something. If there aren't any errors in the morning, it's probably relatively safe to move on.

Thanks man I appreciate you help. but is there someone here that can really pinpoint what's causing the problem by analyzing minidumps? Or at least tell what the real culprit is? Should I post the dmps again on a new thread? I'll run the MemTest in a few hours and I'll reply the next morning.
Thanks.

Err, hang tight, it's still the middle of the night in the US. I'm sure someone will hop in throughout the day if they have something for you. :) Don't start a new thread.

Ok sorry mate..

Just an update.. this BSOD (BAD_POOL_CALLER) has happened 3 times now.. Twice yesterday and the third one just now..

Now what's puzzling me is on those 3 sessions, I was using Adobe Photoshop CS3 when the BSOD showed up.

Because I've been using the laptop whole day this day and when I opened Adobe Photoshop CS3 and used it for like 10 minutes then BSOD came up.

At that time (when the 3rd BSOD showed) ZoneAlarm Pro is already not running. Reason I said this is because I found out some threads (links above) about users complaining about the same BSOD while using Kaspersky Pro + ZoneAlarm Pro..

Ok so here's the new dmp file created:

Minidump 042308-02:

BugCheck C2, {7, cd4, 2060003, 8891f398}

Thanks for the continous help Zenosincks.

Well looks like that file is related to ZoneAlarm again.. But ZA Pro is already closed (I shut it down) that time.. But its process/service is still running? Ok I'm going to uninstall ZoneAlarm Pro and I'll just upgrade to Kaspersky Internet Suite (which has a firewall too).. would that be good protection?

Anyway.. what do you think is causing the problem.. Adobe Photoshop or ZoneAlarm Pro? I'm getting confused now...

I'm fairly new to these .dmp files but this is what it says.
Minidump 063008-01.dmp
BugCheck: 1000008E, {80000004, 806eaac9, a75a2500, 0}
Probably caused by : pci.sys ( pci!PciReadWriteConfigSpace+38 )

"pci.sys" is a file used by Windows to control your Hardware. The .dmp file mentions a driver fault while you were running Firefox. I'm guessing this has something to do with your Graphics card driver because it also mentions at the beginning of the .dmp file the file "igxpmp32.sys" which is an Intel Graphics Driver. So you might try updating the Graphics Driver or removing it and then reinstalling it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back