BSOD on new laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently bought a new Acer 5536. Everything ran fine for a few days, but I then started getting various error messages and BSOD.

At first, they only usually occurred when I was playing Oblivion, but seeing as I haven't played it in a few days and have still been experiencing frequent (2, 3 times a day) BSODs, I've ruled out the problem that it was the game causing the errors.

I intend to install Windows 7 when my copy arrives and will therefore stop using the Vista on my system all together (good riddance...)

This being the case, would it be necessary for me to waste any time rectifying the situation on this OS, when I intent to switch as soon as possible?

If so, included are my past five minidumps.

Thanks in advance :)

I read all your minidumps and all of them are 0x8E errors and this error is almost always caused by hardware (and is a strong indicator of corrupted memory). Sometimes they can be caused by drivers.

The problem is all your dumps cite as the probable cause the Windows OS file driver processr.sys. Unfortunantly OS drivers are usually too general to be of much help.

If I could find out what it dooes this usually helps us narrow down a possible resolve but I did extensive searching and though there are many posts on the net concerning it, I could find no definitive answer to its exact function.

Run memtest on your RAM.

Thanks very much for examining the errors.

To tell the truth, I would happily run the RAM test but the error seems to be so severe, the laptop won't stay on for more than a minute at a time. I've decided that it's probably in my best interests that I contact PC World and ask for an exchange.

Once again, thanks for your help :)

Let us know what you decide to do. You can run Memtest on your RAM long before it even gets to the load screen. It engages right after you boot-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back