BSOD on new termianl server

By BGCDave
Sep 22, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Hello, this is my first post and I'm kinda lost at this point. I have a new windows server 2008 standard 32bit terminal server setup. The users log in to run several applications and do their printing. The server blue screens constantly while people are working. I am almost cretin the cause is print driver related. Please help me troubleshoot the minidump. The dump contains two separate days I tried to go live. Thank you for your help!

Attached Files:

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,233   +234

Windows Server 2008 is based on XP right? Is XP fully updated to Service pack 3 and beyond? While this looks like a driver issue, ntkrnlpa.exe may point to a hard drive issue. Are there any yellows exclamation points in the device manager?
  3. BGCDave

BGCDave TS Rookie Topic Starter

No every thing looks good in device manager. This server is a virtual machine. I am running VMWare ESXi 5. I have several other virtual servers running on this hardware with no issues. And yeah the OS is fully updated.
  4. Tmagic650

Both minidumps are the same. You say a printer driver issue, why? Did this issue start with a printer driver install or update?
  5. BGCDave

BGCDave TS Rookie Topic Starter

I just assumed it was print driver related. The windows installation is fresh and has applications installed. I had a few employees test it with no problems but when I moved everyone in the department to the new server it starting blue screening.
  6. Tmagic650

Did you do any hard drive tests?