BSOD on shutdown or sleep?

By tango3
May 10, 2009
  1. All of a sudden when i put my computer to sleep or shutdown i see the shutting down loading screen and then boom it goes to a BSOD.

I got a vista 64bit

I couldn't get the BSOD message but when i start up the computer it gave me an error log which says:

Shut down unexpectedly

10/05/2009 5:18 PM

Not Reported

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    OS Version: 6.0.6001.
    Locale ID: 4105

Files that help describe the problem (some files may no longer be available)

Extra information about the problem
    BCCode: 1000007e
    BCP1: FFFFFFFFC0000005
    BCP2: FFFFFA6004B7F709
    BCP3: FFFFFA60005E4878
    BCP4: FFFFFA60005E4250
    OS Version: 6_0_6001
    Service Pack: 1_0
    Product: 256_1
  2. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 11,966   +70

A system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch. There are numerous individual causes for this problem, including hardware incompatibility, a faulty device driver or system service, or some software issues. Check Event Viewer (EventVwr.msc) for additional information.

As you can tell this is a very broad error. If you choose to go Event Viewer check for Red X's and make note of where and what they are.

Windows will also make a minidump file out of your BSODs that is stored in the Minidump Folder which is placed in the Windows File. You can attach them on your next post.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.