BSOD on startup after uninstalling service pack 3

Hey guys,

I was trying to uninstall service pack 3 yesterday trying to go back to SP2 and when i woke up this morning i had the blue screen of death saying;
NV4_disp.dll
page_fault_in_nonpaged_area
I've read that my problem has something to do with my graphics driver, but the thing is, I CANT GET PASSED THE BSOD.
I cant boot in safe mode, safe mode with command prompt, safe mode with networking, normal, or last known configuration!!
Everytime i boot i get the blue screen =( anyone got any ideas?

This is how you should have uinstalled SP3
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950249

That said WHY EVER would you wish to uninstall SP3. Support for XP without SP3 finished in July this year and you will not receive any security updates. This will leave your computer at risk. Additionallly the features of SP3 included many drivers, support for various features that was not in SP2.

You have just found out this as the error is your graphics.
If the computer has onboard graphics and you have a separate card, then the monitor will connect to the computer on a horizontal plane (usually) and on the vertical plane below the mouse and keyboard connections - I/O there will be another monitor connection.
If this is the case, use that monitor connection and enter your BIOS setup normally F2 on first post see the screen it will tell you which key. Configure BIOS for onboard grpahics.

If you are using the onboard graphics try VGA mode.
that is on the same menu as Safe Mode.
I do not espect it to work, but give it a try.
If not we need the XP CD to use the Recovery Console.

Back