BSOD on startup on Windows Vista, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

By Farjuan
Aug 8, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. my computers mouse stoped working so I restarted the computer and then it kept on giving me a BSOD that said IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    and everytime I try to use that computer after the windows loading screen I just get a BSOD I tried booting it from a vista cd but then it loaded and
    the same thing happens I get the same BSOD and I tried it with nothing plugged in except the monitor and I try to boot it in safe mode but nothing,

Please help
  2. dardra

dardra Newcomer, in training Posts: 75

im not an expert but you could try removing your ram sticks, and seeing if ones faulty, running one at a time. Or your CPU could be overheating.
  3. daisyallen123

daisyallen123 Newcomer, in training

You are right but tried loading Windows normally which worked but there were just odd problems here and there, thing missing, settings wrong etc; this suggested to me that the install was now corrupted somehow.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.