Bsod on startup with new system

Hey guys first post so be gentle!

*I've recently bought a new motherboard, processor and graphics card for my pc but I've been having some BSOD problems. I can just get to the windows logo at startup then i get a bsod and the pc restarts.

System specs:
Asus p8p67-m pro
Intel i5 sandybridge 2500k @3.30ghz
Geforce gts 450
Seagate st3320418as
2x hynix 2gb DDR3 1333mhz RAM

I've ran system repair, nothing changes, I've ran system restore and nothing changes either. I also cannot enter safe mode.

I've tried my hard drive in my brothers computer and it also crashes on that pc making me believe it's the hard drive, but my brothers hard drive does not work on my new system either(crashing at the same point), while still working on his.

I've swapped the ram over and my ram worked fine on my brothers pc and also passed a memtest.

So I'm really asking for your thoughts on this as I'm at a loss, is my hard drive and my brothers incompatible on my new system - is that even possible? Or is my hard drive corrupted and something else is wrong as well?

This is a real issue for me as I hate being without my pc as I'm sure you can understand :)

Thanks in advance

No, not yet. The real problem is I don't have to a windows 7 start up disk to re install windows and I can say I'm eager to spend money on a new operating system. I've never formatted a hard disk before So sorry if it's a silly question but can I format It without having to reinstall windows?

When you build a new computer you should always install Windows fresh. You boot with the OS disk and when the install gets to the point where it sees the hard drives contents. If the hard drive isn't blank, you delete the existing install and start with a fresh or clean OS install... If you are trying to install a hard drive that has an existing Windows installation, made from another computer, that's why you are getting the BSOD's

Ah right, sounds so simple now when you say it after everything i was worrying about. Without the windows OS disk what are my options? if i put my original pc back together i assume it will work again? And if so, should i make a back up then maybe restore to factory settings? Will that be the same as formatting and reinstalling windows? Sorry if this is basic stuff i appreciate your help greatly :)

"And if so, should i make a back up then maybe restore to factory settings?"...
It is the motherboards chipset that is the most important thing to be able to install an old installation of Windows successfully. If the old motherboard was the same model as the new motherboard, after a few restarts, Windows might have ran okay... In this case, wait till you can afford a clean copy of the Windows version you want. You can re-assemble the old computer, and the original hard drive should boot fine

Back