BSOD on W7 Ultimate SP1 x64

siggik

Hi

today i got 2 blue scrrens, one was when i was watching a movie, i rebooted then when it was booted and was idling where i can choose wich account to log it happen again

in the past days it froze couple of times and slowed down, then i had some issues shutting it down, stopping at shutting down screen and then when trying to boot it, some times the dvd drive didnt come up or sometimes instead of its name it was just nonsense letters there, had to try maybe 8 times to boot into windows

wondering if you guys can help me figuring this out, i have a fresh install since i just bought a new hdd a month ago

here are the dumps

edit: not enough posts :p

Use the Zip option here that is found in the Manage Attachments button that is accessed the next time you go to post. Just scroll down and you will find the button. Many people post them with their initial post.

Use the Zip option here that is found in the Manage Attachments button that is accessed the next time you go to post. Just scroll down and you will find the button. Many people post them with their initial post.

thanks, updated post number two

Though the minidump files cite the Microsoft OS driver storport.sys as the cause it really isn't the cause. MS drivers are usually too general for diagnostic purposes; they more so tell us there is a problem without telling us what causes the problem. Something else is going on.

Have you been infected recently? Have you run your security software?

Though the minidump files cite the Microsoft OS driver storport.sys as the cause it really isn't the cause. MS drivers are usually too general for diagnostic purposes; they more so tell us there is a problem without telling us what causes the problem. Something else is going on.

Have you been infected recently? Have you run your security software?

i have sceduled once a week virus scan and updated many times per week, using AVG anti virus and also advance system care 4

but the thing with the DVD drive is troubling me, why would it some time not show up at all and some times its fine and sometimes its just some mumbo jumbo

was thinking the motherboard was causing this, but its a good ASUS board, but maybe 3 year old

Two things I would consider at this point:

1. The cables to your DVD drive. I would bet without seeing it your drive is a SATA. SATA cables are known for coming loose, even failing from time to time. Check to see if your cable is securely attached to both motherboard and DVD drive.

If the cable is secure and you are having the same problem then try a new cable. If it persists see #2.

2. The average length of a DVD/CD drive is 3 to 5 years. Sometimes they can fail in less time (I speak from personal experience) or can go beyond five years. The drive may be failing.

* Does your BIOS recognize your drive?

Two things I would consider at this point:

1. The cables to your DVD drive. I would bet without seeing it your drive is a SATA. SATA cables are known for coming loose, even failing from time to time. Check to see if your cable is securely attached to both motherboard and DVD drive.

If the cable is secure and you are having the same problem then try a new cable. If it persists see #2.

2. The average length of a DVD/CD drive is 3 to 5 years. Sometimes they can fail in less time (I speak from personal experience) or can go beyond five years. The drive may be failing.

* Does your BIOS recognize your drive?

it does yes, but as i said, ive seen it not recognize it and just nothing there, or some mubmo jumbo text there

my bios is flashed to the newest a year ago or so,

il check out the cables inside

Okay, keep us updated. If the cable diagnosis doesn't work then see if you can borrow another Drive and temporarily install it. If it works you know your DVD drive is basically dead.

Well, just had another one, il attach the dump file, I checked the drive and all the connectors and everything was fine

Attachments

• 083011-29905-01.zip
    25.6 KB · Views: 1
Sorry for the delayed response but I was one of those who fled the Jersey Shore and my power was off as well due to Hurricane Irene.

Your file did not cite a specific cause but the error code is 0x3B and these are usually caused by faulty video drivers. Do you have the latest video drivers installed?

Back