BSOD on Windows 7, minidumps attached

By gukid
Oct 16, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Hi all, I'm wondering if a kind soul would help me with interpreting a couple of these minidump files into English :)

I've just started experiencing daily BSODs, and I've run Windows Memory Diagnostics and Memtest86+, both of which come back clean.

Thank you guys so much.

Attached Files:

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,451   +135

Have you checked the hard drive for errors. Can we have your systems specs?
  3. gukid

gukid Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

What would you recommend for HD testing?

It's a stock system, plus an additional 500gb hard drive, 8gb (4x2gb) mem, 500w psu and radeon hd 5550.
  4. gukid

I just ran SFC / SCANNOW (cant attach url for information, due to post limitations) and it came up clean. I ran it four times just to be sure.
  5. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,451   +135

Your problem BSOD's are not caused by a malware infection. What program is being used for virus protection. Are you running more than 1

Hard drive testing:
    go to Computer, right-click on the C drive. Select properties, tools, check for errors, and set a disk check for the next start up
  6. gukid

Hard drive scans complete, twice... no issues.
  7. gukid

I ran another memtest because I read that it can be inaccurate if run just once... still not a single error.

Here are the latest two dump files, which occured between my first post and now.

Attached Files:

8. gukid

Two things I'm noticing:

1. "ntoskrnl.exe" is the top line of every dump file
    2. In the dump files, it says that ntoskrnl.exe has a date of June 22nd.. that's almost 3 months ago. It's worth mentioning that I have NOT been crashing for 3 months, this just started within the past week or two.
  9. gukid

Thanks for all the help, guys... this forum is awesome!

(Not...)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.