BSOD on Windows 7

Hi, my windows 7 is freezing and showing me BSOD. I have no idea why. Can you help me?

I have sony vaio notebook with intel core i3 processor, 4GB, ati radeon graphic card and of course windows 7 on it for three months. BSOD starts a few weeks ago, not sure when and its like once a week...

Your error code is 0x0000007F: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
One of three types of problems occurred in kernel-mode: (1) Hardware failures. (2) Software problems. (3) A bound trap (i.e., a condition that the kernel is not allowed to have or intercept). Hardware failures are the most common cause and, of these, memory hardware failures are the most common.

Nothing specifically was cited as the cuase. Can you remember what you were doing when these freezes/BSODs occured? How old is your laptop?

Laptop is new, just 3 months old. I did nothing, I mean really nothing, laptop was just turned on for more hours and then suddenly BSOD..

So how do I find where is the problem? :/

Our best advice to you is that since this system is only 3 months old it is up to Toshiba to fix this for you. Don't let them tell you otherwise because even if you didn't get an extended warrenty you should have it covered for at least a year as is.

Tell them you have a BSOD, give them the error code I gave you, and then keep at them until you get your system back.

From where did you purchase this and did you get the extended warrenty?

Back