BSOD on XP on loadup

By sammyboy313
Jul 21, 2010
  1. Hi, TechSpot.

I have recently encounted an error when trying to boot-up Windows XP. I have looked at a lot of the other forms on this site and tried many solutions but nothing has worked so far. I have been encountering many different errors:

- 0x00000050
    - 0x0000007E
    - 0x00000024

Just in case this helps here is the MSinfo:

OS Name Microsoft: Windows XP Professional
    Version: 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600
    OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation
    System Name: USER-02DC7C731B
    System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
    System Model: System Product Name
    System Type: X86-based PC
    Processor: x86 Family 15 Model 6 Stepping 2 GenuineIntel ~3000 Mhz
    BIOS Version/Date: Phoenix Technologies, LTD ASUS P5ND2-SLI DELUXE ACPI BIOS Revision 1104, 12/22/2006
    SMBIOS Version: 2.3
    Windows Directory: C:\WINDOWS
    System Directory: C:\WINDOWS\system32
    Boot Device: \Device\HarddiskVolume1
    Locale: United States
    Hardware Abstraction Layer: Version = "5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2111)"
    User Name: USER-02DC7C731B\Administrator
    Time Zone: Eastern Daylight Time
    Total Physical Memory: 1,024.00 MB
    Available Physical Memory: 494.20 MB
    Total Virtual Memory: 2.00 GB
    Available Virtual Memory: 1.96 GB
    Page File Space: 2.90 GB
    Page File: C:\pagefile.sys

Thank you guys so much for your help,

Also here are the logs (I'll put the minidumps in the next post):

Attached Files:

2. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,335   +36

Sammy, I will check the original logs you left for malware. But understand that we don't handle minidumps in this forum. After I check the logs, if necessary, I will have the moderator move this thread to the proper forum.

In the meantime, please don't use any other cleaning programs or scans while I'm helping you, unless I direct you to. Do not use a Registry cleaner or make any changes in the Registry.

Edit: You might also want to do some troubleshooting for the 3 Stop Errors you quoted:
    Stop Error 0x0000007E:

Stop Error 0x00000050: p

Stop Error 0x00000024:
  3. sammyboy313

sammyboy313 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 19

OK thank you. I had orginally had posted my problem in the Windows BSOD, Freezing, Restarting Help section and was directed here because I believe the error is cause by some kind of virus.
  4. sammyboy313

Hey, I don't mean to sound impatient but how long will it take to check the logs? I'd like to fix my computer as soon as possible.
  5. Bobbye

Well, honestly, I didn't check the logs. I was waiting to see if the problems you had were system related.

And I documented this in the Windows OS forum:
    Minidumps were moved to that forum, you were getting help with them and the problem drivers, but you keep insisting it must be a virus. Why is that and do you plan on continuing with the other thread?
  6. sammyboy313

Sorry, I forgot about the other thread. I didn't know anything new was posted in there. My bad and thanks for your help.
  7. Bobbye

You're welcome. You should subscribe to any thread you start- then you will be notified when there is a reply.

I'm going to close this thread. Finish up with the system with the help you have been given.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.