BSOD only on startup with network cable connected

I have a very repeatable BAD_POOL_HEADER (19) BSOD on a Lenovo ThinkPad W520, Win7 64-bit, that I can avoid by disconnecting my network cable and starting the PC. It only occurs if the network cable is connected, the wireless LAN connection has no affect on the occurance of the BSOD. I have updated all of my hardware drivers that I can find and am still recieving the BSOD. I have tried to locate the offending driver with WinDbg but am not very knowledgable about this tool and am not sure how to identify the driver that causes the BSOD. If anyone can help me to identify the dirver it would greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 121912-19562-01.zip
    229.4 KB · Views: 1
The Symantec CMC or Sygate Personal Firewall is causing this BSOD trouble.... Remove this and anything Norton and see if the BSOD's stop

Thanks for the quick reply!

I thought the minidumps were pointing me that way and so I already tried removing Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) but still received the error. The first couple of minidumps today should have been while SEP was uninstalled.

I reinstalled SEP after I received a BSOD with it uninstalled. My thinking was that it must not have been the true cause of the BSOD and I didn't want the corporate IT guys hunting me down for not having SEP installed. Should I keep tracing the indicated drivers down one by one until the BSOD goes away?

Hope you had a great Christmas!

Yeah we had snow and everything... Can you have your IT department look over this for you? That's what they are there for...

Back