BSOD overwhelming! Where to start?

Hi guys, im having problems (BSOD) for unknow reason . How can i read the minidump ?

The code of the bsod was:

machine check exception 9c

here`s some information in the event viewer if that can help..

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000124 (0x0000000000000000, 0xfffffa8007de88f8, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\Minidump\020111-8236-01.dmp. Report Id: 020111-8236-01.

A fatal hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core
Error Source: Machine Check Exception
Error Type: Internal Timer Error
Processor ID: 0

The details view of this entry contains further information.

The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk2\DR2.

Session "ReadyBoot" stopped due to the following error: 0xC0000188

Session "Circular Kernel Context Logger" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000035

Your error is 0x124: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR and is described as "A fatal hardware error has occurred."

This error code and definition has replaced the older XP code 0x9C: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION and though it is older the definition still is applicable: This is a hardware issue: an unrecoverable hardware error has occurred. The parameters have different meanings depending on what type of CPU you have but, while diagnostic, rarely lead to a clear solution. Most commonly it results from overheating, from failed hardware (RAM, CPU, hardware bus, power supply, etc.), or from pushing hardware beyond its capabilities (e.g., overclocking a CPU).

Honestly, this is a very difficult error to work with because as it says a clear diagnosis rarely comes forth and I have never seen a minidump with either error codes give a definitive answer other than hardware or UNKNOWN ANALYSIS. I know IT techs that don't like working with it. What makes it so difficult is that it can be any hardware in your system -- and I mean any.

Here are some of the causes that were determined to be the source of 0x124/0x9C errors from posters here and abroad: NIC, DVD/CD drives, dust build up around the CPU that caused overheating of said CPU, bulging capacitors hidden by heatsink, video card, psu, motherboard, and external harddrive connected by USB.

Here is some more information: http://www.sevenforums.com/crash-lockup-debug-how/35349-stop-0x124-what-means-what-try.html

* How old is your system and what are you doing when these BSODs occur (I need to leave for awhile but I'll check in later)? Also, do you have any friends with computer tech knowledge?

Wait! I didn't read the part about the controller and your hardware. Answer the second question I gave you.

hey

Hey, thanks for fast answer

Here`s my setup

i7 920 @ 4.2 ghz 40degree IDLE 70 on prime
p6t v2
ram 1866 running @ 1600 @ 9-9-9-24 1t
Intel ssd 160 gig gen2
gtx 285 1g version 40degree on furmark
xfi xtremegamer
liteon dvd
ocz 1000w GOLD

CPU and GPU are custom water cooled been stable for over 8month?

I recently installed WINDOWS UPDATE FOR removable HDD ( passeport WD )

I suspect this might cause the bsod

otherwise i dont know,

BSOD happen while computer is in idle has i leave it on 24/7

I pass prime95 and memtest without any errors please advice!

the motherboard is a asus p6t v2 , overclock my 920 @ 4.2 ghz

Im stable on prime95, linx etc..?

stable for the past 8 month

For diagnostic purposes set it to its default parameters and let us know if you are still BSODing.

heysdf

I will do , Please Can someone tell me How to unistall a drivers that has been installed by windows update? here`s the one = img651.imageshack.us/img651/9458/26730722 (dot) jpg

Its not on the list -) control panel / addremove/ view installed update

Im about 90% sure this cause the BSOD.

How can i procede with unistall ?

I cant even do a system restore all the date are after i installed this update

Back