BSOD: Page Fault in Non-Paged Area

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

My family's PC recently has been getting this BSOD error.

It boots up into Safe Mode with no problems but booting into Windows normally causes an automatic BSOD before the desktop even gets to show up.

PC Specs:

Dell: AMD Dual Core
1GB of Ram
XP Media Center - Service Pack 3
nVidia 7300 LE - The driver was updated and I rolled it back to a driver from 2006, can't recall the actual title but still BSOD occurs.

I have recently installed Symantec's AntiVirus that my school has a license for but uninstalled as the program gave me an error saying that the real-time virus protection was malfunctioning. Installed, uninstalled, and re-installed that program about 3 times so I gave up.

I put on AVG which is no longer free, apparently, so I'm about to give up on that. Excuse me, I'm rambling.

I am unsure of how to find a minidump of my problem to post here. But, I have looked in my event viewer and copied the latest event error for my system:

DCOM got error "This service cannot be started in Safe Mode " attempting to start the service EventSystem with arguments "" in order to run the server:
{1BE1F766-5536-11D1-B726-00C04FB926AF}

I've also uploaded a list of the system's programs. EDIT: Ok, I tried doing that but since my post count is below 5, I couldn't. I've uploaded it via yousendit but since I cannot link it here yet, maybe I can PM the link to somebody or instant messenger/email.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and for your patience in advance.

Before posting your minidumps, please read this:

https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic51365.html

Now, to set up your XP computer to create the appropriate minidump;

Click 'start', Right click 'My Computer', click 'Properties','Advanced' and under 'Startup and Recovery' click 'Settings'.

Check mark: Write an event to the system log'.

While there, uncheck 'Automatically restart' if it is checked.

Under 'Write debugging information' select 'Small memory dump (64 kB)'. The location is default so leave it.

When you look later for the default location it is in the c:\Minidump folder.

To include that minidump here, you;

Return to this thread, scroll down and click 'Manage Attachments'. Click on the Browse button, find the first minidump file you wish to attach (C:\Minidump) and doubleclick on it.

edit: AVG Free - http://free.avg.com/download?prd=afe

Many here now recommend Avira or Avast (Free editions) over AVG. You choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back