BSOD Page fault in non paged area

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

I have an ASUS G1, and I have recently been getting BSOD with a page fault in non paged area message. The stop error is 00005 or something like that.

When I start up my computer right before the Asus symbol flashes up i notice blue vertical lines flashing up on the screen, they dont show on the Asus symbol screen. Then when windows is loading they come up again all over the screen.

Windows then fails to load and goes to a BSOD.

I can start my computer in safe mode and it runs fine, I can access all my files etc...

And a couple of times my computer has started up normally, but then when im using it i will see it go a bit blocky, and freeze up, and then restart to blue screen again!! its really frustrating...!!!

Please help!

I have uploaded my minidumps etc so hopefully that helps!

Any help appreciated guys..

Thankssss....

"The stop error is 00005 or something like that."
It is useful to know the exact error, as many of the clues are included in that code.

The main issues are related to video card failure or incorrect or outdated driver, or Windows that has not been fully updated.

Hi
Did you maybe solve problem with your Asus?? I have the same problem with the same strange verical lines on the screen.

Hi
Did you maybe solve problem with your Asus?? I have the same problem with the same strange verical lines on the screen.

Hi, and welcome to the forums. For any future posting it is best to start your own thread because most of us will believe you are simply answering the original poster and not realizing you need help yourself.

His issue, after reading the minidumps, was with the Nvidia driver nvlddmkm.sys. If you are receiving the same kind of issues then the following may possible help:

1. Download Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper (both have free versions; make sure the version will work with your OS) to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper. If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay.

4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

* I said possible it might help because the symptoms you described also sounds like artifacting which means you either have a heat issues (check all system fans and especially your video card fan) or your video card is dying.

Thx for so fast reply. I will try all of those ideas including cheking physicaly cooling system in few days. Meantime I'm attaching mine minidump files. If you will have some free time could you chek it?? I am realy gratefull for your help.

Attachments

• Mini032610-01.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 1
  • Mini032610-02.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 1
Both dumps cite the nvidia driver nv_4mini.sys as your issue. See my previous post and follow the directions.

I managed for now with this problem. Your idea about dying video card was quite close the thruth. The BGA installing system is a weak point here. Re-flow of GPU and memory blocks with the heatgun helped. Everything else including sweeping drivers hadn't helped. After heating those components everything is working as new (artifacts gone). We will see how long :) thanks for all your help. Best regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back