TechSpot

BSOD Problem, Vista64bit, Please help

By xtoned
Jul 20, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Hello, Techspot Community.

I have been getting an BSOD error since late May; I re-imaged the computer, but I still get the same problem when I run many processes at a time. The funny thing is that when I take out one of the Ram memory slots, it runs perfectly (when it uses the max 4gb, it crashes).

I have a Toshiba Satellite A305-S6858 with the following:

Intel Core 2 Duo 2GHz Processor

Intel G965 Chipset

Originally 2 banks of PC2-5300 DDR2-667 2GB to form a total of 4GB; which I replaced for 2 banks of PC2-6400 DDR2-800 total of 4GB thinking my problem was within the physical memory (same thing happens with the original and the new ram memory).

Attached, my minidump files.

I would appreciate if someone could lead me in the right direction.

Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 11,966   +70

What type of memory is your Toshiba designed for, i.e. speed?

3. xtoned

xtoned TS Rookie Topic Starter

It is designed for 4gb max, 667MHz. However, the same BSOD problem I get using the old or the new installed ram (the new is 4gb 800MHz).

4. Route44

The issue isn't with your memory. As per all minidumps the issue is with the Intel PRO/Wireless driver NETw4v64.sys.

Go to Toshiba's website and find your exact model and update the drivers from their site.

5. xtoned

xtoned TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thank you very much!

I updated the NETw4v64.sys file from INTEL, and the system has been ongoing for a whole hour without crashing. Normally it would soon crash after I started downloading heavy files and opened another process.

Again, thank you very much.

6. Route44

Great! Glad it is working out for you. Thanks for getting back to us.