BSOD problem

ZachS

Hi, I have frequent BSOD, It might be my graphics card, any help would be appreciated. I have included the latest minidump as a txt file since I can't upload .dmp

Thank you anyone that can help!

windows vista ultimate, 32 bit
4GB ram
core 2 quad at 2.66ghz
geforce 9600 gt 512mb

Attachments

• Mini091912-01.txt
    156.5 KB · Views: 3
Go to:C:\windows\minidump. Minidump files have a .dmp extension. Select all the files with the .dmp extension and send them to a compressed (zipped) folder. Upload that folder as a file here

I changed to the newest geforce driver, under directX diagnostics my driver version says 9.18.0013.0634 Woke up to a BSOD today and had one yesterday since the driver update. Here is a new minidump. I really hope to iron this out! Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• Minidump new.zip
    50.1 KB · Views: 2
Also under the sound tabs in Direct X it says ctaud2k.sys is not digitally signed. I have tried changing drivers to no avail. I have Creative SB X-Fi (I believe it is the X-treme gamer one, maybe not) Version says 6.00.0001.1375... A question, could external harddrives possibly cause a BSOD?

Have you checked the memory using Memtest86?:
http://www.memtest.org/
You download a pre-built .iso file version 4.20 and burn it to a CD or DVD. Then boot the computer with it. Let Memtest86 run for at least 7 passes

I burned memtest86 to a cd, booted into it and I get an error that "the memory map contained ranges extended above 4gb" (I have 4gb of ram, 32 bit system) BUT it says I can continue anyway, and both times I ran it for hours. It seems to hang up on the 4th test called Stride6, and it made it to pass 6 not 7... but no errors display and wouldn't make progress or let me press x to quit (like it was unresponsive). So I guess we shouldn't rule out the memory yet? idk, thanks for any help!

The bsod are pretty frequent, and I can't find any pattern of when they occur, at first I thought it was just watching streaming flash or occassionally during games, but it seems to happen at any time between 30 minutes to several hrs.

some of the messages at bs are nvlddmkm.sys , portcls.sys , sptd.sys , driver_irql , sometimes the code is x0000008E or D1

Attachments

• MinidumpSep23.zip
    99.2 KB · Views: 0
I think u got bad ram take them out blow dust out insert them back in changing them around and see if porblem still there change memory or take 1 stick out at a time then run and see which is giving bsod

Back