Bsod, random, PS or HD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I came here looking for some help about not just Bsod, but random things with windows that just started happening (literally 2 minutes before writing this). Now I took my computer in to the local comp. store to see if they can fix it, and they couldn't find anything wrong but a mess up with Kaspersky that they cleared.

My programs randomly crash/corrupt themselves, most notably with Chrome and WoW. Now I searched the WoW forums and everyone that has my symptoms doesn't have a fix. What happens is I don't do anything new, just visit sites i've been to many times. And it's mostly shockwave that crashes, I probably need to update it. Also the screen started flickering (I use a LCD TV as my monitor) and it didn't show it lost connection with the computer.

The other problem is random Bsod's. It'll usually be when I listen to music, but also happens in idle. The only Bsod's I can recall is D1, 1A, and one dealing with the Nvidia chipset. Now, the shop I took my comp to tested everything and found nothing, dunno if they tested RAM but I did a couple weeks ago for 2 cycles and found no errors.

I am running speedfan atm and it is showing:
GPU: 64c
CPU: 19c
Temp1(dunno what it is, RAM?): 42c

Comp parts:
-OS: Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Basic (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1 (6001.vistasp1_gdr.080917-1612) 32bit
-System Model: KT606AAR-ABA a6400z
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
-Processor: AMD Sempron(tm) Dual Core Processor 2100 (2 CPUs), ~1.8GHz
-Memory: 3582MB RAM ( newegg. com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145034 )
-DirectX Version: DirectX 10
-Video Card: GeForce 8600GT
Resolution: 1360 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Driver Version: 7.15.0011.8208
500mb dedicated memory
-mobo: Asus M2N68-LA
-PS: 300W

This just started happening about 2/21/09 for no reason.
I added the 4 Bsod's I had today.

Thanks for reading, if it wasn't all that clear. All help is appreciated.

Edit: In before the overheating: I run with a home desk fan blowing into it and it still Bsod's.
My bet was/still is the Seagate 320Gb HD (3g/s)

Two of 4 minidumps specifically cite corrupted memory. Therefore I suggest your run memtest on your RAM for a minimum of 7 Passes.

Check out this link: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524-2.html

This may help also:

1. Go to www.memtest.org and download the latest ISO version. It is free and perfectly safe.

2. Burn ISO to a CD.

3. Place CD in your drive and reboot with CD in drive. (You might have to place your drive as first bootable in your BIOS) The test will take over.

4. Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes. There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

5. If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

6. Also, with errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

Ok, will do. Thanks.

Ran one stick for 9 passes, other for 20. Both were ran in the same slot. No errors. Also I ran one stick on Sunday for the entire day and not one Blue screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back