BSOD randomly. Different issue each time.

Ive been recieving a random bsod, almost every day.

System specs:

- Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP2
- AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+
2.20GHz, 3gb ram (just removed 1gb so its now 2gb ram)

I have:

- Ran Ccleaner to clean registry.
- Ran Wise Registry Cleaner to clean registry.
- Ran Memtest86+ for 3 passes, with 0 issues.
- Verified all drivers on the computer. Not issues.
- Updated drivers associated with some problems (read below)

Some BSOD issues are:

- Memory_Management
- Driver_iqrl_not_less_or_equal (Most often)
- Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area

Some of my BSOD issues relate to:

- Tcpip.sys (Network driver)
- IDSxpx86.sys (Norton driver)
- HIDPARSE.sys (no idea)
- Nv4_disp.dll

I've followed instructions to delete the Norton driver file, and run the live update to replace it, didn't delete.

Things I have yet to do:

- Reseat my ram
- Update drivers like Video card
- Update BIOS ?

I'll Attach my Minidumps from the past week. Thank you in advance.

*Edits due to typo's or adding info*

Attachments

• Mini030411-01.zip
    111.4 KB · Views: 2
HIDPARSE.sys is a Windows OS driver for USB.

You also have Norton drivers still installed. If you truly want a clean uninstall then you will have to go to Norton's website, find the special removal tool for your version and use it. Norton is so bad at leaving drivers behind that they had to create a special tool to make sure a system was fully clean from their product.

One driver that was cited twice as your issue is the Comodo firewall driver inspect.sys. Question: Was Norton a full suit security product? If it was, you will experience conflicts betwee firewalls. Since Comodo appears to be the issue then it would explain tcpip.sys showing up.

Rule: One antivirus and one firewall.

* Also, we note you are still running XP with service pack 2. We strongly recommend that you upgrade to service pack three. Also, stay away from registry cleaners/fixers. We have noted far too many times the amount of damage they do with little good in return. However, CCleaner is okay.

Thanks for the reply!

I was only attempting to delete the norton files so that the live update would RE-download them. Although Comodo is an old firewall I had and disabled, Ill uninstall it asap.

When looking to uninstall Comodo completely, I found in the Program file, that only the "safe surf" folder remained with 3 items in it, before even attempting to uninstall, so I just deleted them.

Also updating itunes, the stupid thing keeps bugging me. (hasnt always been on when receiving a bsod though.)

Ill also quit using Wise Registry Cleaner, it was a suggestion a friend gave, and at the point of 5 bsod's a day, anything was an improvement.

I also have 3 usb items plugged in:

- Mouse
- Keyboard
- Headset

All are up to date.

My latest Bsod was due to "Usbccgp.sys" and it was 0x0000007e I believe.

Attachments

• Mini030811-08.dmp
    92 KB · Views: 0
Ok...so.

I have:

- Removed BOTH ram (even if memtest86 said there was no problem) and installed a
brand new 2gb ram in.

- Uninstalled Norton 360 (which for the past year gave me no problems)

- Installed new Nvidia Video Card Drivers.

and so far I only recieve "tcpip.sys" blue screens, although I did get a bsod from LhidFilt.sys. Most of the time, is during anything requiring sound...ex: Youtube, Ventrilo, Itunes.

Im starting to think its either, Video card's Physical memory, or...Audio Driver (usb headset doesnt have a driver)

I'll attach my last 3 minidump's.

Attachments

• Mini031011-01.zip
    77.7 KB · Views: 2
Well, something different was cited: memory corruption. Have you ever run memtest on memory before?

Never, and the memory is brand new. Ive only run memtest86+ twice, once before, and once after starting this thread.

(before was...earlier in the day)

Even new memory can come out bad right from the package. Memtest needs to run at least the recommended minimum of 7 Passes and the more Passes after 7 the better.

Find the voltage specs of your RAM and compare it to the voltage setting in your BIOS. Do they match?

Back