BSOD restart loop after loading bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammyboy313

Hi, TechSpot.

I have recently encounted an error when trying to boot-up Windows XP. I have service pack 3 and have not recently upgraded that, so that problem is ruled out. I have looked at a lot of the other forms on this site and tried many solutions but nothing has worked so far. I have been encountering a PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA error and the only technical information it provides is:

***STOP 0X00000050 (0XF2975E00, 0X00000001, 0X8545C9C1, 0X00000000)

I have spent days on end trying to solve this problem and have gotten nowhere. Any information that you can provide would be extremely helpful. Also, if there is some way diagnose what my problem is, information about that would be very helpful as well.

Update: Just incase this helps here is the MSinfo:

OS Name Microsoft: Windows XP Professional
Version: 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation
System Name: USER-02DC7C731B
System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
System Model: System Product Name
System Type: X86-based PC
Processor: x86 Family 15 Model 6 Stepping 2 GenuineIntel ~3000 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date: Phoenix Technologies, LTD ASUS P5ND2-SLI DELUXE ACPI BIOS Revision 1104, 12/22/2006
SMBIOS Version: 2.3
Windows Directory: C:\WINDOWS
System Directory: C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device: \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale: United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer: Version = "5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2111)"
User Name: USER-02DC7C731B\Administrator
Time Zone: Eastern Daylight Time
Total Physical Memory: 1,024.00 MB
Available Physical Memory: 494.20 MB
Total Virtual Memory: 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory: 1.96 GB
Page File Space: 2.90 GB
Page File: C:\pagefile.sys

Many thanks,
Sammyboy313

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

Minidump

Here are the minidump files. But is it a problem that the most recent one is from March and the ones after that are from November of last year but I am just now encountering problems?

More Info

Ok i tried rebooting my computer just to see if it works and now its giving me a DIFFERENT error!

0X00000007E (0XC000001D, 0X854B49C0, 0F7A2F354, 0XF7A2F050)

Also, after that, I tryed to boot my computer up in VGA, which still gave me the BSOD error but it was the original PAGE_FAULT error.

Please help!

You have memory corruption and thus you'll need to run the free and safe memtest on your RAM.
See the link below and follow the instructions. There is a newer version than what is listed; use the newer. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Step1 - Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better. The only exception is if you start getting errors before 7 Passes then you can skip to Step 2.

There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Step 2 – Because of errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

Link: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

* Get back to us with the results.

*** If Memtest shows no errors then find the voltage specs of your RAM and compare it to the voltage setting in your BIOS. Do they match?

RAM

Alright I will download and run memtest but if there is an error what does that mean? Is there a way to fix my RAM, or do I have to buy a new one?

Alright I will download and run memtest but if there is an error what does that mean? Is there a way to fix my RAM, or do I have to buy a new one?

Any errors and you have corrupted memory. And, no, it can't be fixed only replaced.

Ok I am still currently running memtest but I've let it run 13 passes and so far no errors. But how do I check the voltage settings on the RAM and the BIOS?

Find the make of your RAM and model #. The manufacture will provide voltage specs.

Then go into your BIOS and see what the motherboard has the memory voltage set to (your motherboard manual will have how to access).

Do the RAM voltage specs and the motherboard voltage settings match?

Sorry for not mentioning this earlier, but I'm fairly positive this problem was caused by a virus or something of the likes. Is there any information that you guys have about something like that?

Sorry for not mentioning this earlier, but I'm fairly positive this problem was caused by a virus or something of the likes. Is there any information that you guys have about something like that?

Virus? Well that puts a different spin on things but I still wouldn't rule out a possible memory issue.

Go to the Virus and Malware Removal forum, read and follow the UPDATED 8 Step sticky and post there with the required logs.

FIXED! I hope...

Wow, this is crazy. Malwarebytes found the problem and fixed it, and my computer seems to be running just fine. The reason I didn't download malwarebytes after I got the virus was that my computer froze during a scan run by malwarebytes and started having problems afterwards. And since one cause of the 0X00000050 error is and anti-virus program, I had previously deleted malwarebytes because I thought it might have been causing the problem!

Thank you so much, Route44, for all your help. I couldn't have done it without you!

Wait a sec

Yeah I'm still having some problems... Now I got a 0X00000024 error. What now? I never did finish the 8 step guide...

Sorry it took so long. Here are the 8 step logs. There are 2 Malwarebytes logs because I ran a quick and a full scan and they both found something.

As per the instructions in Post #11: Go to the Virus and Malware Removal forum, read and follow the UPDATED 8 Step sticky and post there with the required logs.

You'll get excellent help.

Minidumps

More info: The first Malwarebytes quick scan is ran worked and I could log in normally. But then I tried doing a full scan and that froze up my computer halfway through. When I restarted my computer a new error popped up (0x24). All my other scans come up with nothing. The log says the full scan did find an error (Thats is why there are two logs for Malwarebytes).

Here are the minidumps:

Attachments

• Mini030110-01.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 2
  • Mini112809-01.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 1
  • Mini111909-01.dmp
  • Mini111409-02.dmp
  • Mini111409-01.dmp
I am referring this member back Route 44 and asking the moderator to move the minidumps he left in the V&M forum. It's 10:02 EDT here so give him a few minutes for the move.

Sammy, we need to get the system mare stable before trying to continue with malware check. I have noted both threads about this matter.

@ - Bobbye, thanks and I know you aren't into titles but I really like the one you chose. Cool avatar as well.

@ - sammyboy313, after reading your latest minidumps and re-reading the earlier post your may have more than one issue going on.

A. The two earrors that stand out as being the most critical at this time are both 0xA and these can be caused by hardware failure or drivers. Both specifically cited corrupted memory as your issue and when we have corrupted memory cited it needs to be tested for because it can wreck instability on a system.

I know you already ran it once but this time do the minimum 7 Passes per stick. Also, did you do the following additional instructions: If Memtest shows no errors then find the voltage specs of your RAM and compare it to the voltage setting in your BIOS. Do they match?

By the way, what is the make and model of your motherboard and make and model of your RAM?

B. In the remaining three minidumps the Nvidia display driver nv4_disp.dll was cited as the cause of your crashes. So do the following:

1. Download Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper (both have free versions; make sure the version will work with your OS) to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper but ONLY for the video card drivers. I had someone use it on their chipset drivers! If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay.

4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

C. Though there was no 0x24 errors in the minidumps such an error can point to the harddrive having physical issues. Therefore, go to your harddrive manufacture's website and use their free harddrive diagnostic utility. It is imperative that you not only do the shorter tests but especially the long one.

Ok, first of all, I apologize for the mix up. I didn't know anything new was posted in this thread until just now. I am now back to the 0X00000007E error. Also, the mini-dumps are the exact same ones I gave you earlier in this thread. As for your solutions, I have get to try any, because I am worried about having to take the computer apart. In addition to that, I don't really understand what to do in general. I am in desperate need of help and so far you guys have done a tremendous job.

Ok well then how do I find out what kind of hard drive, RAM, and video card I have? When I got the computer, it was already pre-installed with windows xp and it didn't come with a manual.

Do a search for the nice little utility called SIW (System Information for Windows). Download the free version.

When you run it it will have a list in a left hand screen. Click on the icon for the hardware you want to know about. In the right hand screen the information will be given.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back