BSOD sometimes after booting computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stratix

I recently got myself some parts for a new computer, while using a few bits from my old one.

My problem is, on startup, mostly if it hasn't been turned on for a while, my computer blue screens a couple of seconds after it says "Windows is starting". It will then restart and offer to try and fix the problem. This doesn't work, so I skip this and it loads up fine. I don't remember it ever crashing in the middle of me doing anything, which leads me to think its not a RAM or overheating problem. Also, it does not always BSOD, only sometimes. Maybe like 1 in 5 after not using my computer for a while.

I am using Windows 7 64 bit. I have overclocked my processor to 3.4 GHz.
I have:
Gigabyte EX58-UD3R Motherboard
i7 920 Processor
6GB (3 x 2 Sticks) Corsair XMS3, DDR3 RAM
ATi XFX HD 5870 XXX Graphics card
900W Quiet Quad Rail PSU + 120mm Case Fan

My error reports are:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 50
BCP1: FFFFF80100004817
BCP2: 0000000000000001
BCP3: FFFFF80002ADE19C
BCP4: 0000000000000005
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

I have included my .dmp file as a zip because the file is too big to fit within the forum attachment limits. Hope I have zipped it alright.

If you need anymore information or for me to run something or take my computer to bits, please let me know.

Any help would be really appreciated with this problem.

Attachments

• 042510-17799-01.zip
    18.4 KB · Views: 2
It's basically a new computer, the case etc is all new, the only old bits were the power supply and my hard drives. (Which I totally rebuilt my operating system on).

I have had a go at opening the .dmp file myself to no avail, so if anyone could lend me a hand I would be very grateful.

Your error is 0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

The minidump said it could not identify the faulting driver and simply cited a Windows OS driver and OS drivers are usually too general to be of much help.

If you have anymore minidump files since your last post please ZIP up to 5 in one zip file.

Here is another one, I am worried it might say the say thing. That's what I get on my blue screen for the 5 seconds it stays up.

Thanks for your help with this.

Attachments

• 042710-22261-01.zip
    19.3 KB · Views: 2
The same read as before. I have to leave for a couple of hours but perhaps someone else will step in. If not I'll check back in tonight.

Give us your system specs and the security software you are running. Can you boot into Safe Mode without issues? Have you run Memtest on your RAM for a minimum of 7 Passes?

Thanks, and yes I can confirm that the problem is probably not with my RAM, I have indeed run over 7 passes of memtest.

Safeboot does indeed work, but I as the crash is only intermittant, I am not sure whether the crash would ever happen or not.

I have to say, the crash hasn't happened in a few days though, but it has gone a week or two before without crashing and then started crashing again a few days later.

I am using Avast! as my virus scanner. What sort of other system specs would you like?

Thanks for your assistance.

Do you have any more new minidump files since4 your last post? If so please attach in your next post.

Are these crashes just random or are there specific things that you are doing whenthey occur?

No more minidumps I'm afraid. The crash only happens when I first turn on my computer, never blue screens mid use. And the crash only happens quite rarely. Hasn't happened for a while now.

Another 0x50: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA as the last two times.

And as before the minidump said it could not identify the faulting driver and simply cited a Windows OS driver and OS drivers are usually too general to be of much help.

Since Safe Mode works we are most likely looking at a driver issue. Are you using anything like Daemon Tools or Alchol 120%? Besides Advast what other security software are you running? Have you ever uninstalled security software and if so what was it?

I am not using Daemon Tools or Alcohol 120%, and I am not using any other security software. However, I had I this error when I first ever started my computer, when it only had windows on it and no other software.

I had another crash today, but I'm pretty sure it's going to keep saying the same thing.

Have you run a harddrive diagnostics yet? Your HD manufacturer will have a free utility to do so. Run both short and long tests.

I'll have a look for those hard drive diagnostics, but I wouldn't have though it would be my hard drives as I have had these for a year or so in my old computer with no problems.

I had another crash today, my first in weeks.

A friend pointed out to me that these crashes seem to happen every time my computer has received a certain type of windows update (often security update). Could this be the root of my problem or is it a coincedence?

Update: I uninstalled the security updates installed yesterday, and restarted, and got another BSOD. These are definatley what is causing it. What on earth do I do to sort this?

After restarting everything loaded up fine, as usual, but it's still a pain. At least now I know it's not faulty hardware.

Your error is another 0x50 with a Windows OS driver cited.

What security software do you/did you have installed because they can be one of the reasons an 0x50 error can occur?

Avast is an excellent choice. Ad-aware is not what it used to be. There are much better offerings such as SuperAntispyware and Malwarebytes.

And, yes, updates can cause your issues. Is the above mention security software the only ones you are running?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back