TechSpot

Bsod stop error 0x0000007E help

By RonTrance
Dec 30, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi all,

I really need you guys help. Im running Win XP Media Center. A few days ago, my google chrome crashed. I tried to restart my laptop, and a few windows popped out like DLL, EXE which has a choice to "End Now or Cancel". I clicked on the "End Now" button. When it restarted, a blue screen popped up (I can't see the wordings as it was restarted fast) and automatically restarted. It automatically restarted in normal mode a few times and surprisingly, it stopped restarting. Then, I did System restore and the problem is solved.

After that, I realized that it has virus or malware because google search redirected to another websites. I scanned using my own Symantec Endpoint Protection and showed no virus infections. Then, I installed Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and removed a few infections but google search still redirected. I instaled Ad-Aware by Lavasoft, and when i uninstalled it, the blue screen stop error 0x0000007E pooped out (This time i had already unclicked the Automatically restart). I did System restore and the BSOD is solved but the virus is still here until now.

I reinstalled my Symantec Endpoint and scanned my laptop again but it didn't show any infection. So, I decided to install SuperAntiSpyware and after scanning it showed 65 adware tracking cookie, which i removed. It asked me to restart and Bsod stop error 0x0000007E exist again after the restart. I did a System restore up to after my Symantec Endpoint has been reinstalled, but the BSOD persisted. I did a system restore at earlier dates, and it cannot restore the system to that point.

It continued to restart many times even after I unsuccessfully tried to do system restore at different times using safe mode. Then it miraculously stopped restarting. I do not dare to restart or shut down my laptop now. I truly hope that I will get viable solutions from the experts in the forum. Thank you in advance.

2. RonTrance

RonTrance TS Rookie Topic Starter

I know it's long, but please anyone does help me! Desperate! Thanks.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.