Bsod stop error 0x0000007E help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I really need you guys help. Im running Win XP Media Center. A few days ago, my google chrome crashed. I tried to restart my laptop, and a few windows popped out like DLL, EXE which has a choice to "End Now or Cancel". I clicked on the "End Now" button. When it restarted, a blue screen popped up (I can't see the wordings as it was restarted fast) and automatically restarted. It automatically restarted in normal mode a few times and surprisingly, it stopped restarting. Then, I did System restore and the problem is solved.

After that, I realized that it has virus or malware because google search redirected to another websites. I scanned using my own Symantec Endpoint Protection and showed no virus infections. Then, I installed Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and removed a few infections but google search still redirected. I instaled Ad-Aware by Lavasoft, and when i uninstalled it, the blue screen stop error 0x0000007E pooped out (This time i had already unclicked the Automatically restart). I did System restore and the BSOD is solved but the virus is still here until now.

I reinstalled my Symantec Endpoint and scanned my laptop again but it didn't show any infection. So, I decided to install SuperAntiSpyware and after scanning it showed 65 adware tracking cookie, which i removed. It asked me to restart and Bsod stop error 0x0000007E exist again after the restart. I did a System restore up to after my Symantec Endpoint has been reinstalled, but the BSOD persisted. I did a system restore at earlier dates, and it cannot restore the system to that point.

It continued to restart many times even after I unsuccessfully tried to do system restore at different times using safe mode. Then it miraculously stopped restarting. I do not dare to restart or shut down my laptop now. I truly hope that I will get viable solutions from the experts in the forum. Thank you in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back