TechSpot

BSOD - STOP error - please help

By jpbug
Oct 13, 2005
  1. Hi,

I have just installer a brand new PC and I get a BSOD once a day. The error logged by the event viewer is the following :

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x100000d1 (0x00000000, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x00000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini101105-01.dmp.

When the system reboots, I get a message from WinXP saying it has recovered from a fatal error.

I attach 2 minidumps from the crash. If someone could help me identify the culprit...

Thanks everybody,

jpbug

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 25,948   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

From only two minidumps, it`s hard to be 100% sure. If you have more minidumps(5, or 6), attach them here so that we can hopefully confirm the culprit.

Both of your minidumps crash at tm_cfw.sys. This is part of your Trend security software.

Try uninstalling, and reinstalling the software. Check for any updates, or patches.

If that doesn`t work, then try using a different security product.

AVG free, and the free Sygate firewall both come Highly recommended.

Please let us know the outcome.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

3. jpbug

jpbug TS Rookie Topic Starter

wow

That was some fast answer.

As a matter of fact, with this new box, I was trying pc-cillin 12. I guess I will not be buying it. I will let it dump once o twince more to make sure and then follow your advice on AV software.

Thank you very much for the help,

jpbug

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.