hi

after solving bsod caused by wireless driver I have encountered another one

tamph5.jpg

and here are few questions someone in another forum asked me

What is the version of your Windows ?
WIN 7 64bit

Are there any yellow question marks in Device Manager? Right click on
the My Computer icon on your Desktop and select Properties,
Hardware,Device Manager. If yes what is the Device Error code?

yes there are two both with code 28

Try Start, Run, type "sigverif.exe" without quotes and hit OK. What
drivers are listed as unsigned? Disregard those which are not checked.
one
taphss.sys located in c:windows\system32\drivers

Uninstall and reinstall Yahoo Messenger checking with Yahoo for updates?
I don't have yahoo messenger

What version of Yahoo Messenger do you have?
I don't have yahoo messenger

also i have seen this stop code using ipod players
I don't have an Ipod

What is the model number of the wireless device?
Is it an onboard device?
from device manager under network adapter there two items
Intel(R) WiFi Link 5100 AGN
Realtek RTL8168C(P)/8111C(P) Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.0)

Is it a laptop or standard pc?Do you have the laptop model number, if it is a laptop?
yes it is on laptop HP HDX-16
product no. FJ948AV

I could not find any information on taphss.sys apart from in malware forums so it will be worth a visit to the Virus and Malware forum to get it checked.

Only after checking that you are clear of infections continue with my suggestions.

The stop error code relates to hardware drivers, which is understandable with two missing and a suspect virus.

First check in the device manager to see what the missing drivers relate to and download fresh drivers for windows 7 64bit.

Then follow this guide to clean out any old or unused drivers in your system. Finally, install the new drivers.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/remove-old-drivers-after-upgrading-to-new-hardware/

taphss.sys is not virus it related to hotspot shield

and also the two drivers can remember what was the device

fist one's description is: on Intel(R) ICH9M LPC Interface Controller - 2919
the second is :port_#0001.Hub_#0005

what would happen if I uninstall both?

taphss.sys is not virus it related to hotspot shield

That should be fine then.

what would happen if I uninstall both?
You cannot uninstall these items, at the moment they are already uninstalled which is why the yellow question mark is showing. They are hardware on the mobo and without the drivers installed they are most likely the cause of the BSOD.

My worry here is what has caused these drivers to disappear. I am fairly sure these drivers will be part of the mobo chipset, do you have a disc.

The other way to find these drivers is to use the driver update option, right click on the device, then properties and under the drivers tab click on update drivers and allow it to search online.

If that fails and you do not have a drivers disc for your mobo you will need to download the drivers from the mobo's manufacturers site. The make and model number of the mobo should be written on it.

After you update these drivers use the link I gave above to remove any old or redundant drivers (they can also cause problems).

I tried update driver but with no luck

But I remember couple of times when connect external HD it did not recognize it

and also when I connected my iphone in DFU mode

I tried update driver but with no luck

That doesn't tell me much.

Did you download new drivers or are you trying to install from a disc?

If you did neither and are just using the "Update Driver" facility via the "Device Manager" then you need to get the drivers form the HP support site that relates to the country where you purchsed the laptop. There is no other way to do this.

But I remember couple of times when connect external HD it did not recognize it
and also when I connected my iphone in DFU mode

This is most probably due to the missing drivers.

Have you done anything on this PC recently which might explain why these drivers have gone missing, installed any new software and then removed it, have you had a virus infection, have you done anything to change the registry, etc.

no I have installed win7 on new hdd about 2 less than 2 months

every thing was going smoothly

I cannot give much help if you don't follow my advise and then report what is happening. You need to provide all the information that you can.

Have you looked for the drivers?

in the last 20 i have installed

flash player 10

itunes 10 which comes with many additional software
apple application support
apple mobile device support
bonjour
apple software update
itunes
quick time

-------

and I have deleted all unused devices
have not changed any thing related to registry
I have got infected with any virus I have AVG 2011 up to date

only thing remaining drivers because I don't know what is this device

how do I know it ?

You need to go to the HP support site for the country where you purchased the PC.

Enter the details of your PC, name and model number, then select the OS

Locate the Chipset drivers, download and install it. That should cover the ones that are missing.

Then use the link I gave in post 2 and follow the instructions to remove any unused drivers.

If done correctly you should then have your PC back to normal.

If you have difficulty with that then follow this:

This is the first one, select the one for windows 7 64bit from the top of the list. Download it to your desktop and then double click on it to install.

http://www.radarsync.com/drivers/d176725-intel(r)_ich9m_lpc_interface_controller_-_2919

Then use the link to scan for out of date or missing drivers, it is in the second grey box, this should find the other driver you need.

MAKE SURE you only install drivers that are for Windows 7 64bit.

In the link I gave is one of the missing drivers and if you have got all the chipset drivers from HP it should have been included in that also, so I don't quite understand how you still have two missing.

Sorry, it was not my intention to make you buy Radarsync I assumed the scan was free.

What happened when you installed the Chipset Drivers from HP, any error messages?

Something I can recommend is to remove AVG as it has been known to cause problems, use the tool below to completely erase it from the system and then the second link to get the free anti virus from Microsoft. This is as good if not better than AVG and far less likely to cause any conflicts in your system.

http://www.avg.com/gb-en/download-tools

http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/support.aspx?mkt=en-us

I would also suggest you follow this guide to remove any unconnected or duplicate drivers.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/remove-old-drivers-after-upgrading-to-new-hardware/

Once this is done just try to install the Chipset drivers from HP.

Ok will try it when I get home

but no error message appeared when re-installing any driver it only says files already existed do you want to replace and I choose yes to all

and also the link you gave me was not fro the drive always redirect to their app Radarsync and it is fairly good but not worth the money

Yes my windows is not genuine

intel website says all drivers up to date except wireless and I have updated it

attached all hardware info from siw

Attachments

• hard.zip
    67.5 KB · Views: 1
Do you have a legitimate licence key for your OS, that was paid for.

A home made copy of XP is OK but the licence key must be genuine for it to work properly.

Or, are you using a patch to make the OS validation work.

I have one for my os win vista ultimate 64bit

I tried it when installing win 7 ultimate 64 but it says it is wrong license key so I had to use wat removal

I cannot offer any further assistance with a copy of Windows 7 that you do not have a valid licence for.

You need to revert back to your legal copy of Vista or buy a licence for Windows 7.

Back