BSOD sysdata.xml one time but really freaked out

Status
Not open for further replies.

sherrie777

I only got a quick blue screen and it rebooted. I only know a little about computers in this area. I am trying to read everything, but I am on a time line. I live in Costa Rica, so buying a new laptop is more than double here.
Anyway, I cleaned it and run virus scan etc.
If someone has time to help me, I will do all I can.

Here is my laptop:
compaq laptop PRESARIO V6000
Intel(R) Core(TM) Duo CPU***** T2450* @ 2.00GHz
XP Prof Version 2002 Service Pack3
BIOS version F.27***
Intel(R)Core(TM) Duo CPU
T2450@2.00GHz
2.00GHz 1.99 GB of RAM

avast antivirus

I am attaching this file, but I can't read it.
This is my first post, so it won't let me load images, but said this:
BCCode : c2 BCPQ : 00000007 BCP2 : 00000CD4 BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 :: 89287060 OSVer: 5_1_2600 SP : 3_0 Product: 256_1

Thank you if anybody has time!

Attachments

• Mini052510-01.zip
    19.6 KB · Views: 1
0xC2 errors are usually caused by faulty drivers or buggy software. I'll attempt to read your dump.

Okay, several things to be aware of here. First the driver faulted is w39n51.sys which is your Intel wireless LAN driver. Go to HP's website, search for the latest wireless LAN drivers for your system and install.

My daughter has the same laptop except her's is an AMD dual core with Vista Home Premium 32-bit (even runs Avast!). Her wireless died and came to find out this is common in the DV6000 series whether it is their Compaq versions or the HP versions. I even replaced the wireless LAN card but it didn't help. After doing everything directed on their website and then through email support they concluded it was most likely the system board.

That is not good, leading me to find out their have been a lot of system board fails in the DV6000 series. Heat appears to be the main culprit. Honestly, the cost of shipping, diagnosing at their facilities, labor and new system board along with return shipping would cost about the same as what I paid for it.

Right now all other hardware in her system is fine; I did a loot of diagnosing. If she can get one more year out of it for college I'll feel luky.

We are going to to work around this wireless problem by using a USB wireless adapter.

See my own recent thread: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic147450.html

* Keep us updated, get a cooling pad, and do you have someone who has tech knowledge.

Thank you for your time!!! I've backed everything up. Scanned for viruses, malware & nothing. I haven't run chkdsk yet. I know it will take all night. Do you think I need to remove the ram sticks and clean them? I've been reading as fast as I can here. I downloaded speedfan and looks ok.
I have not had bsod again. But I don't like that bsod!
Thanks for looking at that minidump file!

See my updated response in my first reply.

You did excellent preventative as well as proactive diagnostic work.

ChkDsk should in no way take all night.

I will get the drivers tonight. I will also read your other thread.

I've had this laptop for about 5+years. Sorry about all the problems your daughter had! I helped a friend, his wireless wasn't working. I downloaded the correct drivers...I thought. The model# label curled up hiding an extra letter! I had even put in a wireless adapter till I doubled checked everything, found the "extra letter" and then downloaded the correct drivers.

Yes, heat is a big problem especially here because there is so much dust. I always keep the laptop up off of surfaces with good air flow. I have a cooling pad, but thought it was better I set it where air goes completely under it.

Does your daughter or you dust or clean the fans etc? I have to read up on that. I don't have comp air, but have used a small vac. Probably a stupid idea, but I thought it was better than the dust. I really need to clean it better.

No, there is no one here close by with tech knowledge. I help people here with websites, excel and simple computer stuff because there are not too many people around. I try to do everything I can, but would like to learn more about the tech end and this forum looks like a great place to start.
I could try to ask someone coming down to buy a new laptop in the States for me, but I hate to ask. I'll wait til it is someone who owes me a big favor! ;)
I hope mine will hold out and your daughters!
I will keep you updated. I just figured the chkdsk would take forever . . . good maybe not.
Thanks again!

Just reading your other thread...good info to know. I realize now you did not replace the system board. This is a great forum. Some of

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back