BSoD - THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first post to this forum. I see a lot of valuable posts here relevant to my issue. So please please help me get rid of my blue screen deaths.

My new Dell E520
Vista home premium
ATI X1300 Pro

Frequent BSoD (happens randomly, even when the PC is idle). The latest from Vista problem reporting is that it crashed because of the following error:

"You received this message because a device driver installed on your computer caused the Windows operating system to stop unexpectedly. This type of error is referred to as a "stop error." A stop error requires you to restart your computer."

Technical Information
Error Message: STOP 0x000000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER (Q293078)

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=293078

First of all, I don't find that "disable hardware acceleration" option in the display settings because it says "your hardware card does not provide further configuration options" or something like that.

Second, I don't want to change my new graphics card. I've tried updating the driver but no use.

I saw that a no. of ppl have reported this particular issue in this forum but I'm not sure if their solutions help me (perhaps I don't understand how much it applies to me). I'm posting my latest minidump files with this.

Please analyze and give me a good idea to fix this! I tried dell support, but as expected, their smartest solution was to reinstall the OS. They swore on their dearest ones that that'll fix my problem. They said that I can install any crap and bring back the system to the VERY same state after I reinstall the OS, but I won't see the BSoDs after that!!? :confused:

I did try updating the drivers but with no luck. Then I decided to uninstall the drivers and reinstall the latest download from ATI. I uninstalled, rebooted and ran the new setup file. But it complained about not being able to detect the hardware and suggested that I try in VGA mode. I didn't know how to proceed, so I restored the system to a restore point before uninstalling the drivers. Any suggestions?

Well I did that already. Dell asked me to use their recovery partition and reinstall it. I did and it didn't work. After another round of battle with them, they are now asking me to reinstall the OS from their CD instead of the partition. Their claim is that, the CD may not have the extra crap like earthlink, aol, 30 day shareware etc.

I'll bet that broke their heart....

vkarthik said:
Well I did that already. Dell asked me to use their recovery partition and reinstall it. I did and it didn't work. After another round of battle with them, they are now asking me to reinstall the OS from their CD instead of the partition. Their claim is that, the CD may not have the extra crap like earthlink, aol, 30 day shareware etc.
Dell is apparently right up there with Emachines with the OS restore backup on the D:/ partition. It seems like it would hurt them to admit that megabytes of adware and expiring shareware could affect something......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back