BSOD TroubleShooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I built this computer for my father back in December. It seems to cause nothing but problems and I just can't figure out why. Also, it only seems to happen every 7-10 days and it is multiple crashes those days.

Specs:
Phenom II x4 945 95w CPU
G.Skill 4GB DDR3-1600 Ram
Asus M4A78T-E Motherboard
Modxstream 600w Power Supply
Asus EAH4670 Video Card

Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

The problem has been random freezing and BSOD. Now I have had it for about 18 days or so. Before that my dad would have the same problems. Sometimes it would be so bad as the motherboard would say Overclocking failed and completely reset the bios, even though it wasn't overclocked. Sometimes he would have to let it sit before it would power back on. I got him to take out the video card and use the on board video, but after a week it happened again

When I got it, I updated the BIOS, checked all drivers were from the right source. I left the video card out for the time being. This cleared up some things in the event viewer (some warnings and such that were coming up, seemed to be driver related). So the machine ran fine for about 5 days except for one time that it wouldn't come out of hibernate mode. So I put the Video card back in and got the proper drivers for it, again it ran nice. I was just about ready to send it back to my dad until yesterday. It randomly crashed on me. Here is the odd part, I turned it on and it wouldn't beep or post, media drives would open/close, fans were going. So I figured it was a power issue because when I opened/closed the cd drive it acted funny (came out half way went back in). I am working on my own build now and just got in the same power supply, so I decided to switch them last night. This is after multiple crashes yesterday. First boot up after the new power supply, it crashes again. That is the latest minidump. I was too tired to do anything else, so I ran memtest overnight. Not a single error. I am getting really frustrated and don't know what to try next besides buying a different motherboard.

The hard drive was replaced in January because we determined that some of the problems we were having was his drive going bad. I diagnosed that because of bad load times and random freezing, it just really seemed like a hard drive issue. Windows has been reinstalled multiple times.

If I need to provide any more information just let me know

Thanks,
Greg

Attachments

• Minidump1.zip
    190.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Minidump2.zip
    167.6 KB · Views: 0
Did you run Memtest on your RAM? The most important error read I got was the dump file that specifically cited corrupted memory as the cause of your issue.

Yes, Memtest ran for about 10 hours, no errors, last night. If you think I need to, I will take out one stick tonight and redo the tests on each stick.

PS- Couldn't log back into my other account

Check the BIOS to see if the motherboard set the RAM voltage to the RAM manufacture's specs. If not, set it manually.

Also, does the memory you have installed listed on the Quality Vendors List (QVL) created by Asus for your model motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back