BSOD upon playing games

By Benjamin92
Jan 25, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Dear Tech Support,

I've been experiencing constant BSODs upon playing certain online games (eg. Dragon Nest). I am able to play the game for awhile (say, 30 mins) before getting my 1ST BSOD. After rebooting, the BSODs come much faster (within 5 mins) if I play the game again. Eventually, I may even not be able to get my PC working (able to turn on CPU, but screen remains black).

If I avoid playing games, my computer works fine most of the time.

May I please request for your expertise in this, thank you!
  2. Benjamin92

Benjamin92 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Here are the dumps!

Attached Files:

3. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,732   +156

4. Benjamin92

Hi Tmagic650,

Yeah most of the time. If I don't play the games, I may get the rare BSOD but it doesn't annoy me as much.
  5. Tmagic650

Okay, remove Norton and see if the problem stops
  6. Benjamin92

Okay, I've removed Norton and all associated user data with it. However I've just gotten another BSOD while playing a game. I lasted longer in my game than before though (close to 2 hours). Here's the dmp file.

Please do assist, thanks!

Attached Files:

7. Benjamin92

... it's been an hour and my computer still wouldn't turn on. I've also noticed that several of the BSODs do show "MEMORY MANAGEMENT", if that's any help.
  8. Tmagic650

Now it looks like a problem with your video card whatever it is, or its driver
  9. Benjamin92

Yeah, I suspected that too. Will I need to buy a new graphic card, or is the problem software-related? :l

I don't mind getting a new graphic card, but I'm just afraid the problem re-surfaces again.
  10. Tmagic650

How old is this computer and what exactly is it? Make and model?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.