Bsod upon windows xp start up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The hard drive on my desktop crashed, just bsod upon windows xp start up. I went and bought new drive installed xp and everything works with new hd. I tried to install bad drive as a second drive so i can access it to pull the past 2yrs of family pics off of it before my wife disowns me for not backing them up but all i get is good hd boots fine then bad hd boots and machines shuts off and starts to boot all over again. This worked with my old amchine but new machine is sata on both drives.

Please use proper thread titles from now on. Thanks.

Could you please tell me the parameters on the Blue screen of death. eg the 0x00.. error code and all the parameters . That would really help.

have you tried accessing it in safemode?
with that then your less likely to get conflicts.

did you send v-2sko the bsod numbers?

if you cant because the computer shows the bsod for a second then restarts you need to disable auto reboot
control panel> system-advanced>startup and recovery - settings
then make sure the auto restart is disabled

the only other thing i can think of is .. if youve got another pc try it in there
or even buy a usb converter so you can use it as an external drive ... windows may like it better taht way

good luck

stop error is 00x00000024 (0x001902fe, 0xbacdb6d6,0xbacdb3d8,0xba5add4f)

ntfs.sys- address ba5add4f base at ba560000

I have no idea what all this means but i hope its what you needed. safe mode and recovery wont work disabled auto restart as well the big thing is trying to get bad hd not to boot with bsod so i can use good hd to access bad one

The bugcheck and the driver ntfs.sys explains everything...it is a file system curruption.....for now i have only these steps , if you have already followed them then i will have to search some more.... now what i want to know is if you have a microsoft windows xp disk or an OEM one .... well even if you have a dell disk that will do as dell disks are very similar to windows xp disks from microsoft....now if you have a microsoft windows xp or dell disk..You can follow these step and also refer microsoft artical "kb 307654"...boot from the disk and when it gives you the option to go into recovery concole press "r".....a command prompt(text mode) window will show up...now it will ask you to choose the os ...so press 1 and then hit enter.It might ask you for a password ...leave it blank and press enter as most of the times there is no password.....now at the "c:\windows" prompt type chkdsk /p ..this will look for error on the disk...if there are some error try "chkdsk /r"...if it still gives error after running chkdsk /r then the hard drive is gone..... however if it doesnt give any error then run chkdsk /p again to confirm that the error is resolved..... chkdsk /r might take some time to run ...so be patient :)

please update as soon as possible.

ok i am not very sure about hp disks...wht option they have ...as recovery console is inbuilt in windows xp disk from microsoft.....so if you know any one how could provide you with windows xp disk from microsoft /dell for 2 hours that will be great....no need to worry as we r not going to install os...its just a check for error on the volume.....if you an arrange a microsoft windows xp disk...then follow these steps...however be careful... put the disk in then restart the computer if you get the option "press any key to boot from cd" press any key as soon as possible as it will be there only for a few seconds.

if you dont get the option then we might have to go in the bios of the computer which i would not recommend if you are not sure abt it.....

the microsoft artical and the steps i gave you will help if you are able to boot for the disk

tried to boot from hp disk and still got bsod will try and ms xp disk and try that thanks for all the info will post back if any problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back