BSOD very random

Status
Not open for further replies.

jinsoo93

Last time i would usually have bsod whenver im on warcraft 3 but now i was playing Counter-Strike on aim vent and some music on then it just blue screened i checked the memtest my ram is perfectly fine and i clean it out the beginning of every month
Specs:
Windows Vista Home prem
microstar international
model ms-7529
intel(r) core(TM)2duo e840 3ghz 2 cpus
4gb ram

Your error 0x1A: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
This memory management error is usually hardware related. See the General Troubleshooting of STOP Messages checklist above. If this occurs while installing Windows, also check the Windows system requirements including the amount of RAM and disk space required to load the operating system.

The probable cause cited is the VISTA OS driver dxgkrnl.sys This is a direct X Graphics kernel.

Another VISTA driver of interest is found in the Process _Name section of your dump called dwm.exe. From my research I found the following:

It is used for Aero as well as used for displaying smooth graphics and effects in vista. Several sources said t can sometimes be heavy on CPU/Memory usage as it renders or runs out of resources. I don't know if the follow ing is true as I have never had to deal with it: "Ending it once will make it auto-restart itself - ending it again will make it permanently go and make the system use basic window management"

Another source said, "Cancel the Visul themes and U`ll be fine, Yea it takes a lot of RAM!"

* One thing that kept repeating is the RAM usage.

thank you so much i went from xp to vista 64 its really annoying to use sometimes
youve been so much help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back