TechSpot

BSOD Vista Home Premium, everywhere and everywhere

By bobmart32
Aug 29, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have a new Dell Studio 1555 Notebook, and for the first week, worked perfectly. Now, I'm getting BSOD's at seemingly random times, and I am unable to install SP2 without a Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_Area BSOD(It was also said that MSDSM driver might be incompatible....). Now, it's every 15-30 minutes I get a BSOD, usually a Stop 0x00000007E error.

I tried to use Windows Degugging Tools to analyze minidumps but, that isn't working either so...any help here?
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,816   +160

Your new Dell Studio 1555 Notebook, should have a Windows Restore feature built in. Try restoring the laptop. If this fails, you have a hardware failure. May be a bad memory stick or hard drive. Is this laptop still under warranty?
  3. bobmart32

bobmart32 TS Rookie Topic Starter

The laptop is no longer under warranty, though it is still "new". I haven't upload any programs other than Dell's driver updates. Can that be the problem?

EDIT: At first, I thought the problem was fixed after a whole day of no BSOD's, and then, I go leave for an hour today, only to walk in and see that windows "recovered from a serious error".

and I did nothing whatsoever except leave the screensaver on....
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.