BSOD Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys hopefully someone can help me with this. My laptop crashed last night with a BSOD and the following error message:

STOP: 0x0000007B, 0x80599BB0, 0xC000034, 0x00000, 0x000000.

Ever since that BSOD I've been unable to log onto windows, I get the loading bar and 'Microsoft Windows' that comes up when you first boot up Vista but the computer just gets stuck on that and doesn't advance to the log on screen. When it does get past this screen it just goes to a blank black screen.

I havn't changed any of my hardware recently and this error occured when just surfing the net. I've checked my bios and all my hardware is functioning correctly. I've tried running start up repair a few times and it's run checkdesk and fixed a few problems no doubt created by the BSOD but I still can't get to the log on screen.

It's BSOD'ed with exactly the same message a couple of times when trying to run start up repair aswell but most times that runs fine. Other than this error I've never had a problem with this computer so any help would be much appreciated!

Can you boot in safe mode? You can do so by pressing F8 as soon as your computer POST is complete, i.e. the moment when windows is about to boot.

If so, please post minidump here for analysis (you can find them in C:\windows\minidump, zip and them in a single file).

Having said that, 0x7B errors can be related to your boot device issues as well, so if the system is unable to boot at all, you know where the problem may be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back