BSOD when connected to the internet

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've recently subscribed to a Internet provider that provides wireless broadband service. Ever since then I've been experiencing BSODs at random intervals when I'm connected to the internet.

I found out that it's caused by the driver NDIS.sys coupled together with a few others...

I've updated my ethernet card drivers but the computer stills BSODs nonetheless.

I've also noticed that it usually triggers (the BSOD) when it reaches a certain download/upload speed....

I've already contacted the ISPs support team but they couldn't figure out what is wrong with my system.

With this post, I've attached 8 minidumps to help solve the problem.

Cheers,
Yamhead

I have to add that it's a Windows XP service pack 3 and I'm currently using Daemon Tools V4.1 which I heard causes some conflicts...

Also, my Lan card is RTL8139D PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter.

Thanks

NDIS.sys is a Windows driver and has to to with networking. internet, etc. I read the five most recent minidumps:

Four of your errors are 0x00000080: NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE
This general indication of a hardware failure is often quite difficult to pin down. Follow usual hardware troubleshooting protocols, in particular: Roll-back any recent hardware or driver changes; ensure that RAM sticks are matched and undamaged; check for viruses or hard drive damage; run ChkDsk to identify file system problems; ensure that all connections are sound inside the computer and all cards well-seated.

The other error is 0xD1 and these are almost always caused by drivers.

All five point to slnt.sys which a RealTek Fast Ethernet Adapter Driver and is the cause for your crashes.

1. You may want to uninstall and reinstall with the drivers that came with your LAN/wirelesws/NIC card.

2. If that doesn't work then update to the latest drivers.

3. If you are still getting BSODs then it could be very well that the card itself is bad and no amount of driver updates are going to resolve the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back