TechSpot

BSOD when I play any game for the 1st time that day

By Dhaos
Feb 25, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Weird problem here, I have had these BSOD for 4-5 months now, I will get one within 10-20 mins of me playing a game for the first time that day (after that I can do a 12+ hour session without a BSOD), the game with start to stutter and the sound will be distorted, if I close down the game my mouse will stutter on the windows desktop until I get the BSOD or manually reboot. I am suspecting it is hardware related, either motherboard or graphics card, although I did swap the graphics card into different slots to try and rule out the motherboard.

Tried uploading my minidump file but said it was a unallowed file.
    Here is my minidump, hopefully someone can shed some light on my problem: http://sdrv.ms/13ItQrW

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,865   +165

The minidump is not much help. Pull the side of the computer and see if the BSOD's stop

3. Dhaos

Dhaos TS Rookie Topic Starter

Have ran it with and without the side on, strange how it happens every time I come to play a game but only once a day, once I get that bsod I can play a game with no problems, but as soon as the pc has been turned off for a long period of time I have to have another bsod before I can play a game.

4. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,865   +165

Maybe a defective power supply...

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.