TechSpot

BSOD when logging in/a while after login

By BrianCCL
May 6, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. I'm having a problem on randomly appear BSOD. Most of them are memory_management and pfn_list_corrupt. This problem have appear around 2 month before and I restall the windows. Can any one help me checking this?

My computer:
    Intel Core i7 930
    Asus P6TD Deluxe
    Galaxy GTX 470
    18G DDR3 RAM

These are minidumps in this two days:

Attached Files:

2. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 12,140   +29

Delete: Double Post.
  3. Route44

With your symptoms and the fact that you mention PFN_LIST_CORRUPT are very strong indicators of corrupted memory. Have you run or do you know how to run Memtest on your RAM?
  4. BrianCCL

BrianCCL TS Rookie Topic Starter

I have tried run memtest86+ yesterday, it shows that my RAM running normal and no errors.
    Also, sometimes the screen is frozen after I logged in now.
  5. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,813   +159

Hey BrianCCL,
    do you have any yellows exclamation points in the device manager? Are all the motherboard drivers installed and up to date?
  6. BrianCCL

I can't find any yellow exclamation points and I'm pretty sure all drivers is up to date.
  7. Route44

I read several of your minidump files and your error codes are diverse which is another indicator of bad RAM. The error code 0x4E: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT appeared several times and this is the strongest error code we have for corrupted memory.

1. Did your overclock? If so set to factory settings.

2. If you have not oc'ed then check the BIOS and see if the motherboard has set your RAM different from the manufacture's specs. Set the RAM voltage to manufacture's specs.

3. Try running with less RAM and tell us if it brings stability.
  8. BrianCCL

I didn't overclock. My computer does not give me Blue Screen that much now. The Windows Explorer are not responding after a while after logged in.(The clock is not ticking).

I have tried run less RAM but it doesn't help.
  9. Tmagic650

Try disabling C1E and EIST in the CPU bios section
  10. BrianCCL

I have tried disabling C1E and EIST, The screen still freeze while logging in/logged in.

Is this kind of situation cause by virus?

Attached Files:

11. Tmagic650

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.