Bsod when playing a game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chili

Hi all, I recently bought Dell Studio XPS 16. I always get bsod error whenever I play RF online. I can play Crysis and other games though. I'm really think this is a driver issue but I'm not sure.

The error message is like this :
The video memory manager has encountered an unexpected fatal error.
Technical information: *** STOP: 0x00000010E (0x0000001E, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

I also included the minidump file and many thanks for any help.

According to your dump, you have memory corruption on your Vista system
I would suggest you use MEMTEST in order to isolate the defective memory,
or as cheap as memory is you may just want to replace in pairs.
Follow the tutorial... https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

You might also want to provide more information about your system,
and attach 3 or 4 more of your most recent minidumps, in order for us to see if there is something else going on.

Thanks for your reply, so I tried using the memory diagnostic utility from vista and it showed no errors. I'll try using the memtest later. I didnt get bsod issue on other games except RF Online though.

My specs :
P8600 2.4GHz
3GB RAM
ATI Mobility Radeon 3670 (using driver from dell's website)
Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 32-bit

I always got the same error message. This is the error message I received :
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 10e
BCP1: 0000001E
BCP2: 00000000
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_0_6002
Service Pack: 2_0
Product: 768_1

and it said something about these files
WER-67844-0.sysdata.xml
WER644D.tmp.version.txt

All four of your errors are Bug Check 0x10E: VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL This indicates that the video memory manager has encountered a condition that it is unable to recover from.

This is s usually caused by a video driver behaving improperly. However, go with B00kWyrm's advice first by using memtest because we have seen time and again corrupted memory cause all kinds of issues and once resolved things clear up.

To add to the suggestions here.

Try uninstalling your video driver and installing it with the latest updated software

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the ATI drivers many times before. is it possible that my ATI card isnt compatible with RF Online? cause I have no problem with other games.

I don't think it is a matter of compatibility, but if it only occurs on RFO, then I would suggest looking at it perhaps being a problem with the game itself.

I dont think there is a problem with the game because I am able to play it with my older pc.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the ATI drivers many times before. is it possible that my ATI card isnt compatible with RF Online? cause I have no problem with other games.

Sometimes when we think we have uninstalled the old drivers some remain behind that we are not aware of. Have you used Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper when removing drivers? If not, do the following and tell us if this helps:

1. Download Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper (both have free versions) to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest driver(s) for your video card but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper. If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay.

4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

* Also, as has been suggested, uninstall and reinstall the game. Plus, do some research and see if this game and ATI cards have any issues.

HI I think your problem might be caused by the driver dxgkrnl.sys. Have a look on google to see if it's related to your current video card....

Guys I've solved the BSOD issue. It's WINDOWS AERO. After I change my theme to vista basic the problem dissapears. Thanks to all of you for helping me :haha:

And thanks for getting back to us. It is much appreciated. Aero is well known for causing problems; gald you were able to resolve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back