BSOD when using game controller (Windows 7 64-bit)

KleptoDaGod

I've been running Windows 7 since March. Prior to this I used Windows Vista. During that time I was able to use my Playstation 3 controller for gaming on the computer with a program called MotionJoy. Since upgrading to Windows 7 I can still connect my PS3 controller via USB cord but I have 2 problems:

- When I use MotionJoy it causes a BSOD whenever I try using the XBox 360 Controller Emulator
- Whether I use MotionJoy or not I get a BSOD every time I unplug my PS3 controller

I also recently had a problem where I'd get a BSOD whenever I would disconnect a flash drive from my computer but I managed to fix that problem and am hoping someone could help me with my current 2 issues. I've attached 4 of my most recent minidumps from the crashes. I've also attached 2 pictures of the BSODs taken with my phone; I'm not sure if they'll help but it couldn't hurt. Thanks in advance to anyone reading and/or attempting to assist me.

Attachments

• minidumps.zip
    97.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1236.jpg
    IMG_1236.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1237.jpg
    IMG_1237.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 31
Did you update the drivers for MotionJoy? If not, find the latest Windows 7 updated drivers for it and tell us if your issues are resolved.

I have. The computer still crashes. Even when I don't use MotionInJoy (I'd uninstalled the program a while ago and just reinstalled it earlier today) my computer crashes when I unplug my PS3 controller from the USB port. In both cases, though, the blue screen mentions "wdf01000.sys". Any ideas?

My uncle helped me build this computer about 3 or 4 years ago. The specs are:

My hard drive is WDC WD3200AAKS-00G3A0 ATA Device (298 GB)
Processor - Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5200 @ 2.50GHz 2.50GHz
RAM - 4.00GB
System - 64-bit Operating System

First, go to your motherboard's manufacture's website, find your exact model and update your chipset drivers to very latest that they offer.

Also, you may need a BIOS update as well.

When you disconnect your USB devices do you use the Safely Remove Hardware icon before doing so?

From what I can gather in the minidumps you have driver verifier turned on, so first turn it off by doing this.

Click on Start and type verifier into the search box then click on verifier in the list that pops up.

Driver Verifier Manager will open.

Select "Delete Existing Settings" and click on "Finish".

The driver for MotionJoy is blamed for the crash, completely uninstall the program and then follow this to make sure the driver is gone.

Open Windows Explorer.
In the left hand pane click on the > next to the C: drive where Windows 7 is installed.
Scroll down and click on the > next to Windows.
Scroll down again and click on > next to System32 and then click on the file name Drivers and its contents will open in the right hand pane.
Find the driver named Mijxfilt.sys, (if it is still there) right click on it and select delete.

Now reboot and see if the problem returns.

Back