BSOD while gaming

Taatu

Long story short, I started having bluescreens a while ago, mainly during playing Deus Ex: Human revolution. After that, things got worse, and the computer started crashing in games that previoulsy ran fine. So to fix the problem, I took the following steps:

- Re-installed OS (Windows 7 64bit home premium)
- Took my graphics card out and gave it a blow with compressed air. (This actually helped a bit)
- Updated the bios on my motherboard to the latest version.

Still, the problem remains. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with my graphics card. Today I ran furmark for a while, got the temps pretty high and got the bluescreen. The fan RPM was at about 80% and the gpu temp was hanging around 75c. And, as I said, the other bsods come during gaming.

To how to post the minidumps, or how to make any sense of them, I have no idea. Anyway, thanks for any help!

EDIT: Heres the most recent bsod copy-pasted from the eventviewer:

Code:
- System 

- Provider 

[ Name]  Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power 
   [ Guid]  {331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4} 

EventID 41 

Version 2 

Level 1 

Task 63 

Opcode 0 

Keywords 0x8000000000000002 

- TimeCreated 

[ SystemTime]  2012-08-25T17:34:08.140816800Z 

EventRecordID 12115 

Correlation 

- Execution 

[ ProcessID]  4 
   [ ThreadID]  8 

Channel System 

Computer PPC-MK3 

- Security 

[ UserID]  S-1-5-18 

- EventData 

BugcheckCode 254 
  BugcheckParameter1 0x5 
  BugcheckParameter2 0xfffffa80051b81a0 
  BugcheckParameter3 0x10024396 
  BugcheckParameter4 0xfffffa8004f4ac48 
  SleepInProgress false 
  PowerButtonTimestamp 0

"Today I ran future mark for a while, got the temps pretty high and got the blue screen"... I would suggest replacing the card. By the way, what is the video cards make and model? The temps are not that high...

It is HIS radeon 5870 I cooler. Otherwise a stock 5870, but the heatsink + fan are HIS' own design. It's not even that old, like two years or so.

I might be able to try the one integrated to my motherboard tomorrow. In the meantime, I thought I'd post the minidumps of the 5 crashes I experienced today, in case they could be some use: http://up.servut.us/39731.minidump (For some reason, the forum software doesn't allow .dmp nor .7z file extensions)

I can't read the file... Go to the minidump folder on your hard drive. Select all the files with the .dmp extensions and right-click, selecting "send to a compressed (zipped) folder". Upload that folder here

Changed the compressing format to .zip, should work now. (At least it lets me upload it)

Attachments

• minidumps.zip
    118 KB · Views: 2
Success! Driver problems. Looks like the ATI video driver is messing things up badly. Hopefully you do have an ATI video card?

Success! Driver problems. Looks like the ATI video driver is messing things up badly. Hopefully you do have an ATI video card?
Yes I do. A new update appeared just today, I'll see if that fixes the problem. If not, I'll try to sweep the drives and re-install them to ensure that I have a clean installation. It's a bit weird that re-installing the os didn't fix the problem, unless the earlier drivers themselves were not working properly. Either way, thanks a million!

Well, the driver patch did absolutely nothing. Still BSODs. Got the minidumps right here. What should I do to fix this?

Attachments

• Desktop.zip
    43.1 KB · Views: 1
Only a mouse, a keyboard and a wlan stick. I swapped an internal PCI-wlan adapter to the usb one, but the BSOD problems started before the swap.

EDIT: While I'm at it, do these look normal:

Attachments

• nimetön.png
    nimetön.png
    74.7 KB · Views: 2
Is it possible to pinpoint the cause of the bsod more precisely, or what steps should I take to try and fix this?

Lets take another direction here. BSOD studying is not and exact science...
"Took my graphics card out and gave it a blow with compressed air. (This actually helped a bit)"... Can you try another video card, or maybe another power supply? These things are directly related to game playing problems

I detahced my PSU today, and cleaned it with compressed air. Quite a bit of dust came out, because the case is designed so that the PSU sucks in air underneath the chassis. Ran Furmark for bit tonight, gonna check up tomorrow to see if I can get my mortal enemy, deus ex, to crash. Feeling quite positive now, no BSOD during furmark.

Back