BSOD while installing Windows XP in AMD APU

H

hariharry

Its been three days that I wanted to install windows xp in my vaio machine with amd apu ( I.e. amd e-350 cpu + amd radeon 6310 gpu) but with no success. I went into google and searched about my problem to find that it is a sata driver issue. So, I used nlite free software to slipstream amd sata drivers into my windows xp iso. I then booted up to find a BSOD. And the infromation provided in the BSOD after I slipstreamed the sata driver was same before, when I tried to boot with clean windows xp 32 bit professional cd.

a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, flollow these steps:

Check to be sure you have adequate disk space. If a driver is identified in the stop message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates. try changing video adapters.

Check with your hardware vendor for any bios updates. disable bios memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press f8 to select advanced startup options, and then select safe mode.

Technical information:
*** stop: 0x0000007e (0xc0000005, 0x808c4176, 0xf78d2230, 0xf78d1f2c)

I really want to install windows xp in this machine. thanks in advance

This is the BSOD during windows xp installation so no minidumps, I have posted all the information I have in the post.

Strip down the computer to one memory module, and remove things like modems or other PCI devices, and try the Windows install again

Back