BSOD while installing windows

By Newcommer
Apr 19, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ok, so now I'm trying to re-install windows but this BSOD always comes up its the error

*** Stop: 0x0000007f (0x0000000D, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000,)

And there is no way I could access my mini dump files since windows isn't even installed.

Any help appreciated, if you guys can't help I'll call Technical Support on Monday.

Thanks
  2. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 12,109   +21

When I read your post memory corruption came to mind and the description of your error code at least confirms the suspicion that you should test your RAM.

0x0000007F: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
    One of three types of problems occurred in kernel-mode: (1) Hardware failures. (2) Software problems. (3) A bound trap (i.e., a condition that the kernel is not allowed to have or intercept). Hardware failures are the most common cause and, of these, memory hardware failures are the most common.

I suggest running Memtest on your RAM. The good thing is this test kicks in right after you boot up and takes over. Keep in mind this takes a long time and needs to run for a minimum of 7 Passes; there are 8 individual tests per Pass.

See link: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html
  3. Newcommer

Newcommer Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 19

Thanks I'll try that if it didn't work I'll PM you.

Mem test results:
    Stick: 1 Slot: 1 Pass: 1 Errors: 0

Stick: 1 Slot: 2 Pass: 1 Errors: 0

Stick: 2 Slot: 1 Pass: 1 Errors: 0

Stick: 2 Slot: 2 Pass: 1 Errors: 0

Stick: 1 Slot: 1 Pass: 1 Errors: 0
    Stick: 2 Slot: 2 Pass: 1 Errors: 0

Stick: 1 Slot: 2 Pass: 1 Errors: 0
    Stick: 2 Slot: 1 Pass: 1 Errors: 0
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.