BSOD while on idle

Nxtar

Random bsod after 10 - 15min in idle, sofar its not too much of a problem as it only happens when the computer is not in use, I was using vista ultamite for a while with same problem but now im using win 7 Home Premium x64 from a fresh install and the problem has followed, I have attached a zip containing the only minidump on this computer I have already tried repairing drive with chkdsk and the cmd command sfc /scannow with no success, both found nothing but avanced system care 5.3 pro picks up errors on the disk scan and ques chkdsk with nothing being fixed

any info to fix this would be great as its getting annoying..
thanks in advance

Attachments

• 062712-45911-01.zip
    23.2 KB · Views: 3
This could be a memory issue... Try running Memtest86 for at least 7 passes:
http://www.memtest.org/
Download the pre-compiled bootable ISO zip file and burn it to a CD or DVD. Boot the computer with the disc and run the test for at least 7 passes

Well I ran memtest to 9 passes and no errors found, I did discover my primary dvd drive was failing when it didn't work when I tried to insert the disk , but its been removed now.
Will let you know if anything changes since the drive has been removed

well after removal of the main dvd burner that was not working the bsod's have all stopped thanks tmagic650, if not for the memtest idea I prolly would not have found the dvd fault for a while as they rarely get any use

That's cool Nxtar. I have done this too. By trying to reload an operating system, I find that the CD/DVD is bad. Also, on laptops, a bad optical drive can stop the laptop from booting

Back