BSOD while playing a new game

By Gutterboy
Dec 1, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello there. I'm brand new to the forums and from what I have read this seems like a helpful bunch.

I just recently installed Left 4 Dead. I can play it just fine for a while but then will get it either quitting to desktop or I will get the following BSOD:

Beginning dump of physical memory

STOP: 0x00000007F (0x00000000D, 0x000000000, 0x000000000, 0x000000000)

Now it was happening when I first installed the game and then i updated my video drivers and it's still happening. I am at a loss on what to do. I see other people including minidumps and I would like to know how to make one so I can give you guys more information. Thanks in advance for your help! :)
  2. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,392   +36

3. Gutterboy

Gutterboy Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

I couldn't find anything on that webpage, sadly. The help page says to pay attention to first value, which mine is, 0x00000000D
    And the only options they give are:
    0x000000000
    0x000000004
    0x000000005
    0x000000006
    0x000000008

None of those match my value of 0x00000000D

Now I tried this out last night. I downloaded DeBugging Tools For Windows and ran it
    On one of my minidumps from last night when I got the same BSOD and it said probable cause was an ATi dll, so prolly my display drivers. Now I run a Diamond video card and was running true ATi drivers. So I uninstalled them and downloaded the most updated drivers from Diamond. I got another quit to desktop last night but it was after about an hour of game time. I've never had it go that long. Now at this point, a quit to desktop sounds like a software problem but that's my guess. As far as another BSOD I'm gonna test extinsively tonight to see if I have that fixed. Any other ideas?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.