TechSpot

BSOD while playing Eve Online

By Deliverator
Feb 28, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Sorry I don't have the error code.

This has never happened before today but now every time I'm playing EVE I get a BSOD... no idea what is going on. I've seen other posts similar to this but as we all know things are always different in each system. If I could get some help I would appreciate it!

I've seen that others have been asked to post their minidump files on here, but it won't let me upload mine because they are 256kb and not 200kb...

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,929   +167

You need to ZIP your minidump files. What are your complete system specs, including Windows version, video card, power supply make and model?

3. Deliverator

Deliverator TS Rookie Topic Starter

Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit, NVIDIA GTX550 TI 1GB PCIE, APEVIA 700WATT POWER SUPPLY.

Also here are my dump files

Attached Files:

4. Tmagic650

5. Deliverator

no I am not overclocking... if it is a memory or SSD problem then I need to send that PC back to cyberpower PC hehe.

6. Tmagic650

So what are your COMPLETE Specs??? Does the computer have a model number? You have an SSD, is it configured AHCI in the bios and not IDE? You can test the memory though using Memtest86. If it detects a problem, you can have Cyberpower repair it, or send it back to them now

7. Deliverator

Cyberpower is an assembler not a manufacturer. Its like buying all the parts from newegg except I don't have to rack my knuckles putting it together for an extra like 20 bucks. So there is no model number, it is a custom PC assembled before transport.

8. Tmagic650

I thought that was the case... So are you going to test the memory? The instructions are in the link I posted... SSD's don't have any moving parts, so they have special circuits to clean out the "trash". Your minidumps were "all over the place" so there may software conflicts as well

9. Deliverator

Would setting up AHCI after loading my OS be something that could cause this problem?

10. Tmagic650

Yes you have to install the OS AFTER you change the bios to AHCI!

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.