BSOD while playing World of Warcraft

Luiz Clarke

I'm getting BSOD several times a day, specially while playing World of Warcraft, and sometimes It just happens randomly, earlier today I turned on the computer and went to answer the phone, when I got back the system had restarted due to a BSOD...
confused.gif

I updated all the drivers and did all the windows updates, I don't know what else to do, I would really appreciate if you guys could help me out.

Attachments

• Minidumps.zip
    101.9 KB · Views: 1
Looks like an Nvidia video driver issue. Do you have the latest video driver installed?

Yes, I updated via the auto-detect GPU from the Nvidia webite (http://www.geforce.com/drivers)

I just received another BSOD (0x000000FC)
Here's the problem details:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: fc
BCP1: FFFFF88003574180
BCP2: 8000000402D39963
BCP3: FFFFF880035A3D40
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

I booted it and let ir ran for 4:30hrs, it did like 8 tests and found no problems, when I pressed esc the computer restarted and it left no reports. I'm also getting some nasty random errors in the last few days, everything just stop, all I can see is the wallpaper, and forcing a restart is the only option. I also updated the VBIOS yesterday, but still getting the blue screens...

Attachments

• Minidumps (2).zip
    206.4 KB · Views: 1
What are the specs of this sick computer? The Nvidia driver is still in the latest minidumps

The computer setting is great, but since I bought it I have been experiencieng BSOD, but in the past few months they are happening at least twice a day

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    34.5 KB · Views: 1
I don't really know, but on the Nvidia control panel I left the auto-select option ON in the preferred graphics processor.
Should I try to completely disable it?

Right, I changed the auto select option to High-Performance NVIDIA processor, will that do it? Or should I look for a switch off button for the Intel graphics somewhere?

Well, I tried to disable the Intel graphics and this is what I got:

C:\Windows\system32\gfxUI.exe
A device attached to the system is not functioning.

I restarted the computer and was able to open it normally, but looks like there's no way to turn it off

Looks like there's a dell application that switches them when needed, optimus.
I used to get 80+ fps playing games with high quality, now it's less than half of that...
Would you recommend me to format the computer and install only the drivers from the dell system detect?

It is funny how many forget to post their computers specs isn't it... Dell bios are always very minimal when it comes to system control
"I used to get 80+ fps playing games with high quality, now it's less than half of that"... This could be caused by other installed programs. Yes go ahead and install Windows fresh. Go to Dell's support website and download all the proper drivers. make sure that the device manager is clean and free from yellow exclamation points. The apply all the Windows updates including all the optional ones

Back