BSOD - *Will PAY for help!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been working with computers for a long time but I have met my match with this problem. So I'll throw it out for anyone willing to make a buck helping me out. Name your reasonable price, pay through paypal. I'll work with you on here or through the instant messenger of your choice. Most of you are willing to help for free, but I think this is going to be a rather hands-on issue and I really need it resolved. If it's a hardware problem I want to know before the warranty is up.

Here's the skinny:

System:
P5W-DH Deluxe
QX6700 - stock settings
ATI Radeon X1800XT
4gb OCZ PC-5400 EL 4-4-4-12 (set to 5-5-5-15)
1x WD1500ADFD (150gb raptor)
1x Sata WD 250gb
1x WD 300gb
Raid Sata 0x2 Samsung 500gb
Raid SCSI Adaptec HostRaid 0x4 Atlas IV 15k 36gb
550W Power Supply (Yes, it's small...read on)
Windows XP SP2

Roughly a month after I upgraded to the QX6700 I began getting stop errors almost daily. I ran memcheck86 and the ram turned out faulty so I RMA'd it and got a new batch. Ran memcheck86 again, 3x, and no problems. Ran Windows Memory Diagnostics too, 2x, and no issues. Ran a windows based memory checker (suck) just to fill up all the ram and see if there was an issue there, no problems.

All the same, the stop errors continued. For a while after the ram issue they were all related to the video drivers, so I upgraded and changed those around in different combinations for about a week before it finally settled down. Seems the purchase of ATI by AMD did them no good because getting the drivers from a different source solved that problem.

...Yet the bsod continued.

Now it seems, after running debugger on the dumps, just about everything is suspect. In the last couple days I had memory_corruption, ntkrnlmp.exe, and HDAudBus.sys as the likely causes.

Generally it's an IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL bsod, but I've seen PFN problems, and Page fault in non paged area.

Here is what I've done lately:
Ran memcheck86 on each stick of ram 1 at a time
Reduced it to 3gb of ram
Formatted the HD, reinstalled XP (3 times)
Installed all of the latest Intel chipset drivers
Installed latest BIOS, Tried 3 older bios, stayed with latest
Suspecting a power issue, removed two fans and all but 3 hard drives.
Got 142 windows updates (mostly security updates), installed 10 at a time. Made no difference, reformatted and reinstalled basic XP install.

There's a lot more on the list but those are the bigger things.

I think it's hardware because (*important*) Prime95 FAILS with the classic rounding was 0.5, expected less than 4 ONLY when doing the In-Place Large FFTs test! Yes it's a big red flag, but I can't find out what's causing it! This still may point to a power supply issue?

Long story but that's the jist of it. I have attached the latest 3 minidumps.

This is almost certainly a hardware problem. Two of the dumps crash at IRQL 1c. About 50% is related to RAM, then followed by CPU. Only once out of 30+ times has it been related to software. Have you checked to see if the RAM requires a higher voltage?

As memory testers aren't perfect, the best test is to run just one stick of RAM at a time, then swap them over if it still crashes. You can also try one stick at a time in another slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back