Bsod win32k.sys can't stop rebooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello sorry if this is the wrong place for this. I have a problem with the computer at my place of employment. I have been trying all day to get it going with no luck, I came across the link you suggested above earlier today, somehow with no luck. First of all we have a very rude unhelpful " I.T." guy which is on the other side of the state and 3 times since i've been there we have had to send the computer Via UPS to him only to wait two three weeks to get it back, last time he says " sounds like we have a car guy trying to be an IT guy" I wanted to choke him I'm not trying to be anything just trying to make the day go by smoothly I said... so today when I called him he said we would have to send it to him i and that is exactly what im trying to avoid we are an automotive retail store and need this computer to conduct daily sales when its down we have to call one of the other stores to get prices then hand write all the tickets which is awful, also no computer no credit cards can be run. We have 2 other stores all on the same network running microsoft 2000 professinal : ( the other stores are operating as usual. Anyway sorry for all that as well. I keep getting BSOD win32k.sys beginning physical memory dump then it counts to 100 then reboots then right back to the same thing beginning physical memory dump over and over again.... so how can you stop this so you can try some of the things they are suggesting to try. This all started when my boss said he went into add/remove hardware and then he said Some kind of wizard popped up then he clicked next but he dont know what the wizard was going to help him with then it went to BSOD. Sorry again it has been a rough day. Thanks John

Sounds like the boss just plain needs to stay away from computers. In your next post attach your five most recent minidumps from the troubled PC.

How to find your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

If you have only one or two then just attach as is; no Zip.

I cant do that

I need to stay away from computers too but I can't get to any kind of screen I've tried in safe mode and it just goes to the blue screen beginning physical memory dump to disc .....counts to 100 then the system reboots and it counts to 100 then the system reboots. I have not even seen the "START" button since this morning.... just the blue screen or the system setup screen or where you can choose safe mode etc.

See [post=766270]How to recover your folders/files when Windows won’t boot[/post]

In addition to (hopefully) getting to your own personal data you should also go to the folder Route44 indicates and copy its contents as well... to get to those minidump files

Thanks LookinAround for your excellent advice.

By the way, cool and unique Avatar! :approve: One of the most unique I've seen on the net. And just a tad disconcerting... :D

Thanks LookinAround for your excellent advice.

By the way, cool and unique Avatar! :approve: One of the most unique I've seen on the net. And just a tad disconcerting... :D
Ha-ha. Glad you like the avatar tho you should have seen the original... the eye was moving and, uhh, "lookin around".. but TechSpot doesn't allow animated gif's. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back